Bordeaux OPEN 2023 - September 2&3

HEY UPDAAAATE (28th august) !! 3 FREE SLOTS !!

Let’s GO LAST MINUTE FREE AGENTS ==> don’t go to MONTPELLIER bitches just come to the coolest POLOHANGAR 🤡☄️🕷️

please send us on the framaform ! first team who subscribe will be IN :)))))

team list ===>

🥥 1-DACODAC = adrien (paris) + donatien (rouen) + clémence (rouen)

🍅 2 - UWU reactivated = gas (bdx) + margot (bdx) + lilpak (panam)

🥝3 - Seria un milagro = Patti (Toronto) + Salem (NYC) + Ace Eric (Paris)

🍉4 - Cowabunga = Anaïs (Rouen) + Max (Rouen) + Bernie (Bordeaux)

🍈5 - Slay la vie = Carlos - (Salt lake City) + Dani - (Salt Lake City) + Julia - (Berlin)

🥬6 - Montartar = Corentin (nantes) + Justine (tours) + Alban (lyon)

🍍7 - gniwez = Jule (GVP) + David (GVP) + Alias (WashingtonDC)

🍇8 - ???

🍒 9 - ???

🍋10 - ???

🥭 11 - BORDEAUX 1 (celeste, gregoire, benoit)

🍌 12 - BORDEAUX 2 (thomas, gregos, anne lise)

What happened to the team that were registered and the ones in the waiting list ?

some from the waiting list had to buy their return tickets or planned to do other things
some registered teams dropped to go to montpellier tournament

And Montpellier let that happened ? Come on… how can people be that disrespectful? Hold on your promises

HEY UPDAAAATE (29th august) !!

the tournament will be 8 TEAMS as one more team just dropped.
BUT this will be a FULL TIME POLO PARTY :crazy_face::crazy_face::partying_face::partying_face:

team list ===>

🥥 1-DACODAC = adrien (paris) + donatien (rouen) + clémence (rouen)

🍅 2 - UWU reactivated = gas (bdx) + TBA + lilpak (panam)

🥝3 - Seria un milagro = Patti (Toronto) + Salem (NYC) + Ace Eric (Paris)

🍉4 - Cowabunga = Anaïs (Rouen) + Max (Rouen) + Bernie (Bordeaux)

🍈5 - Slay la vie = Carlos - (Salt lake City) + Dani - (Salt Lake City) + Julia - (Berlin)

🍍6 - gniwez = Jule (GVP) + David (GVP) + Alias (WashingtonDC)

🥭 7 - BORDEAUX 1 (celeste, gregoire, benoit)

🍌 8 - BORDEAUX 2 (thomas, gregos, anne lise)

1 Like

@MaxLeChef
this is it . montpellier opened a tournament on the same weekend than us, but first it was a 12 teams tournament. which is okay as so many players are in france after WHBPC.
they suddendly opened it to 24 teams without telling us.
so players are going there instead of bordeaux and we are not gonna stop them.

for us, the situation is fucked up.
good to know for the future.

BUT
8 teams means a looooot of games and food and dancefloor on bernie’s home
haha :heartbeat:

5 Likes

I’m sorry this is happening. It’s so disrespectful towards our community. In our case, our third player is flying in from the US just for this tournament. I’m sure we’ll have lots of fun and lots of playtime but I’m not sure our third would have put in so much time and money for a fun pick up weekend.

Heyyaa, :mushroom::kiwi_fruit::heart_eyes:
Here all the infos for this weekend !!

Thursday 8pm, Darwin:
Pick ups for the early :bird:

:rainbow:Friday afternoon: Join us for some pick ups on the Hockey court in the Parc des sports de St Michel! It’s a public court, lots of people around, watch your stuff and don’t forget to lock your bike!

:beer:Friday 8pm: Musette bike cafe welcomes us for some beers and to watch some nice bikes!

:hot_face:Saturday: Breakfast and bike check at 9 am
games start at 9:30
Format: Round Robin + double elim on sunday
Lunch: Good vegetarian and vegan food by BBP best cheffes :exploding_head: (please tell us if you have food allergies or specific needs)

:dancer:t3::unicorn::new_moon_with_face:NIGHT FEVER = CRAZY secret Party, starting at 9pm, more info at the court

:hot_face: Sunday: breakfast at 9am
games start at 9:30
Lunch: amazing vegetarian and vegan food by BBP Cheffes (we get better every day 🔥)

:candle:===> End of the games around 5pm, podium, 100% handmade gifts, and pickuuuuuups

**Hosting information, 5 :star: on BBPnB **
**Dacodac + Uwu: at @BeBeaups **
**Sería un milagro +1: at Anne Lise @allegac **
**Cowabunga + Gniwez: at @Bernard **
**Slay la vie: at @Celeste **

NO LIMIT FUN

2 Likes

shit, i’m very sorry to hear that Jule.
i understand…
we’ll make it the better we can <3

1 Like

Just dropped a comment on Montpellier thread. This kind of behavior can’t happen. Can we have a list of the players and team that dropped this tourney to go to Montpellier please ? I want to make sure they won’t register for the Epiphanie or any other tournament in Rouen, I (not RBP) don’t want people who can’t keep their promises.

max !!
i really don’t wanna go into personal punishment, it doesn’t make sense.
players go to montpellier cause it’s closer to perpignan. and probably cheaper than coming to bordeaux or whatever, i mean they have their reasons. even if they already paid their fees, at the end, we all know it’s not a promise.
the problem is to have a last minute 24 teams tournament at the same time than our 12 teams tournament that we announced long time ago.
i talked with MTP club already.
they made their format and announcement, it looks juicy, we cannot compete that much right now.
but for sure montpellier doesn’t win the fair attitude :yawning_face:

3 Likes

I guess you’re right. I think it’s a real shitty move from MTP and the concerned teams.

1 Like

I think MTP announced a 16 to 24 teams tournament mid june (is it what you call last minute?) and bordeaux was already full + waiting list at that time… Do you really think their idea was to steal teams from your tournament ?
I do not really understand why Montpellier should be blamed, we have almost 2 to 3 tournaments each week end of september, the whole community should be happy that two clubs in France are offering to 36 teams to play directly after the Worlds

just my humble opinion

love you all

would have loved to play both tournaments

2 Likes

Dear friends from Bordeaux Bike Polo & players playing the Bordeaux Open and the general polo community,

We’re sorry we have conflicting tournaments dates which is resulting in the tournament organisation issues.

We will close registration officially today, as good faith.

We would like to point out that we talked to Bordeaux Reps (in this case, Victor) as early as we heard about them organising a tournament on the same weekend that we planned our tournament. Sure, they announced it first, but we never thought we would be short for teams for both tournaments. Both clubs decided to move forward with organising.

We were trying to organise a 2 court tournament to cater for the world bike polo community. Unfortunately by the registration deadline we had only 18 teams. From there we couldn’t afford to buy a 2nd court, so we said the tournament will be 16 teams until we reach 20 teams on a first come first served basis, that we reached a few days after. This may have caused a misunderstanding with the bordeaux reps.

Recently, we also decided to not allow any other teams to transfer without both clubs and players talking through the reason why they would do so, in the hope that they would be no more drops.

To the best of our knowledge, no teams or players have dropped the Bordeaux tournament to go to ours for at least 1 month.

We’re really sorry people feel strongly about the matter and we hope they understand that we did our best to prevent cancelations in Bordeaux.

We wish players in Bordeaux and in Montpellier a great tournament with good friends, old and new. We hope we can move forward from this particular situation without consequences to our friendships! 🫶🏼

Love,

Montpellier Bike Polo

5 Likes

Never talked about stealing… but ok. I just don’t like to see players names that were in BDX now appearing in MTP. It’s not MTP’s fault as I said already , it’s the players’.
lets be honest about this, imagine you’d have been registered in a fully booked tournament (+ waiting list) to see player dropping it to go to another one. We’re now 8 teams instead of 12 + 6 in waiting list the day before the 12 to 24 announcement. I’m not blaming the organizers, only the players. I really don’t think I’m over the line here, prove me wrong.

Anyway, thank you Jason for your post and the club’s decision. I think you did a great job. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Change of plans! Pickups in Darwin this afternoon until 6pm, than party at Musette!! For the latest infos, join the telegram channel: https://t.me/BikePoloEU/38

Capture d’écran 2023-09-02 074600

2 Likes