Rising Star Rookie Tournament @VELOBerlin

Spring is coming, and it’s time to know who are the new RISING STARS from the polo world!
The tournament will be on Saturday (13.04) and Sunday (14.04), at the terminal of the Tempelhofer Feld, in the middle of Berlin, during the VELOBerlin bike fair!

Short important infos:

• Every team has to have at least one rookie.
  • All goals scored by a rookie count 2 points!
  • A player is considered a rookie if they started playing not much earlier than beginning of 2023.
  • Every team will have one designated person that should be available for helping to build/unbuild the courts.
  • Registration open until 29.02, 23:59, Berlin time.
  • Place for 10 teams, decided by a lottery on 1st of March.
  • Free registration, free tickets to the VELOBerlin if you get lucky in the lottery!
  • Extra lottery life if 2 players are from Berlin.
  • Extra lottery life for each WTNB/FLINTA player in the team.
  • IF YOU NEED TO CHANGE PLAYERS AFTER THE LOTTERY, YOUR TOTAL LOTTERY LIVES SHOULD BE HIGHER OR EQUAL THAN YOU HAD BEFORE THE LOTTERY! If you can’t find anyone, bye-bye, we call the next in the wainting list.

Please pay a lot of attention on this poloverse thread, or have at least one of your team-mates keeping an eye on it. We will announce all general information over here (such as how to redeem your free tickets for VELOBerlin) and it’s very common that people don’t see it. If you see new info, mention it with the people you know so they know too. Let’s harness the power of gossip. Also, it would be very nice if you build an ABC-in-spirit team, as in trying to balance it a little bit and give chance to different levels of players to have their space.

:fire: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER :fire: oh, too late.

check the final team list!
Also make cool uniforms. :rainbow:

15 Likes

pre-lottery registered teams

We have already 20 teams registered! Holy crap, the lottery will be nerve wrecking. Maybe next year we need to have 2 rookies per team? Anyway, if you registered but your name is not on the list, something went wrong and you need to register again. We still have 10 days for registration and then I’ll provide a link so you can join me for a lovely online chat and a lively lottery.

Some cool stats:

• We have 6 team names related to food. People are hungry.

• At least 3 teams have musical references in their names. Let’s dance!

• Shout out to Guns and Rosinen, who managed to mix music AND food.

• Two teams got nice puns around their rookies names. Way to go, we need more of those.

• Two team names have something to do with poop as well. I guess all the food has its consequences…

• Shout out to Berlin for bringing in 9 rookies this year!

Okay, that’s it for now. Stay tuned.

6 Likes

Let´s GO! Can´t wait.

Registrations closed.

On schedule, baby. Join me for the lottery tomorrow, more or less around noon, Berlin time! I’ll post a link over here. It might be earlier, it might be later. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Join me on the lottery live stream!

Lottery is done! :four_leaf_clover:

Lucky teams:

team p1 p2 p3
more than a feeling inken! emilio kim
Team Maus Harti! Christina! Max power
you’re amazing Christian S.! Michi M. Johannes G.
Guns and Rosinen Schlotz! EnricoEZ Leon
Sprouts & Krauts Dali! Julia Bobo
Teppich mit Fransen Teppich! Jonas L. Kevin
EnormInForm Jules! Christoph Levin
C steht für Zusammenhalt Freddy! Julius Hagen
The Usual Guspects Gus! George Jonas
SUPER BOCK Judith Joner Paula!
Rabbits on Steroids Tony MAkarony Lette Fahhrad Kette Oskar Wild!
8 stunden powernap conny manu! georg

We’ll get in touch soon to distribute your work shifts and to deliver your tickets. Pay attention to the contact channel you informed during registration. If you don’t remember what is was and you suspect you should have got something by now, write me. Please let me know ASAP if you cannot make it, so the waiting list teams can get organized. If you need to change a player, you need to change them for another player that would give you the same amount of lives in the lottery, and let me know.

Waiting list:

1. suppe allstars
  2. izi going
  3. smooth operator 1000
  4. pick up truck
  5. BBP
  6. fairy’s fist
  7. spreewaldgurken
  8. tropifrutti
  9. it’s not good but it’s better than shit
  10. french fry friskiness
  11. beebuep
  12. bangarang
  13. club merde
  14. scoop the poop
  15. abgepackter parmesan

free agent :dizzy:

free agent ROOKIE, flinta playing since nov 2022 :cyclone:

1 Like

Free Agent

little update: we got 2 extra hours to play on saturday, so we managed to add two more teams to the list! check the updated team list above.

6 Likes

photo_5467758238897395793_x

We will sell with gold embroidered Rising Stars patches for 8 Euro per piece, so bring your favorite Hoodie or other textil to the Rising Stars tournament and get patched! I will have a sewing machine with me on Saturday to attach the patches.

6 Likes

:star: :star: :star: AAAALRIGHT WE ARE ALMOST THERE!! :star: :star: :star:

Pay attention to the contact point you informed in the registration: until tomorrow everybody is gonna get the vouchers to get their tickets! Be aware that you CANNOT get in the event area without tickets. If you didn’t receive anything over the weekend, ask your team mates. If your team mates don’t know anything about it, ask me.

Important info:

• Games start at 10 a.m., both days.
  • Entrance is open from 8 a.m., because we have spezialticketten. Come early.
  • We are going to follow a strict timetable! It is very important that teams are ready to play on time.
  • The event will be in the old terminal from the airfield. More info here.
  • The entrance from the Tempelhofer Feld is right next to the court. Highly recommended!
  • Bring a lock. :lock: There will be maaany people walking around .

UPDATE: all tickets have been sent.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :exploding_head:

7 Likes