165mm cranks for 700c frames

Hey guys,

I’m in search of 165mm cranks that will not give me hard time to get 42mm chainline. New tech MTB cranks all have quite high chainline 52mm or so… I don’t really want to put 10mm spacers on my chainring. Do you have any recommendation? Btw I also need 4 bolt 104 BCD type crank to use with my SS surly chainring…

2 Likes

i just got through building a new polo bike and i dont even understand :sweat_smile: how do you calculate your chain line ? is your rear spacing 135 or 120 ? or something fancy?

i usually have Zee cranks , and i mount the chainring inside the spider, and have a guard on the outside

Hey Benji,
Thanks for the reply. I got a 700c frame with 120 rear spacing. So I need a 42mm chainline which is possible of corse with a zee but then I will need to use 10mm chainring spacing which is not readily available on the market. I was looking for a better alternative

so you trying to avoid this right ?

have you look up this instagram ?Login • Instagram

maybe look at the builds with 120 spacings and tag the owner in the comments if they have any solutions ?

to be fair i m not even sure of my own chainline :sweat_smile: i just let someone decide it for me and i didnt saw any big difference when i mounted the bash guard and put the chainring on the inside of the spider …