A shot hits a dead defensive player in the crease

people have to stop being drone and use some sense , there is a few different situation that will look alike:

a player dab and is in front of the goal , there is no goalie, the ball hit him and if he wasnt there it would be goal > goal is allowed

a player dab and is in front of a goalie , the ball hit him > advantage or 30 secs

a player dab , he is not in front of the goalie , the ball hit him but would have not went in the goal > no goal. if the ref assess that the shooter is trying to draw a foul , he can yell “keep on playing”

a player dab in front of the goal, but another player is right in front of him ( probably the cause of the dab) , the ball hit him > no goal. just hold onto the ball until there is a clear shot… people cant just evaporate.

3 Likes

if the dab is unprovoked (i.e. not a foul) I think it is wrong to just let the game continue if the dabbed player gets hit from a shot that would have otherwise been +/- on target - even if there is a goalie there - who knows if they would have stopped the ball!

I think saying “the dabbed player can’t just evaporate” and “just hold on and wait for a clear shot” puts the responsibility for the situation on the wrong shoulders - it is the “fault” of the dabbed player to have dabbed and they should not be “rewarded” for it by either preventing a goal or by forcing the offensive team to “wait it out” until the shot is clear…

30 seconds or awarding the goal might be unsexy and lame in the moment, but in the long run it might make the game better to be draconic about dabs in the crease

4 Likes

what happenend 2015 in berlin?

2 Likes

This happened in 2015 during Berlin Mixed.
Sorry @django and @metriod

https://fb.watch/eZW8xlawAN/

6 Likes

At least I didn’t have to search for it myself.

@momo first goal was ca. 1s before the end of winners bracket semifinal with our team leading 1:0, ball bounced from Bouchard’s wheel who was a few m next to the goal (like the last desperate shot). 2nd goal was golden goal through Marco’s wheel which made the ball bounce a lot, so I fumbled it. I think it deserves some sort of award.

oh wow! historic moment for sure - heartbreaking on the one hand and amazing on the other!