Announcement: European Championships 2023 in Berlin

Please find the slot allocation for main event below (total slots 48). We reached out to local representatives from all countries to ask about number of teams interested to attend and made sure an appropriate number of slots is given. The numbers aim for a balance between expected participation and competitive level (also based on results in the past events, however the last ones are 4 years ago). Countries marked with * declined their participation.

Slot allocation for main event:
France 8
Germany 6
Switzerland 4
Italy 3
Belgium 2
Czech Republic 2
Poland 2
UK 2
Austria 1
Denmark 1
Finland 1
Ireland 1
Latvia 1
Lithuania 1
Portugal 1
Romania 1
Spain 1
Turkey 1

Extra Slots:
Champions (Mongrels) 1
Helles Belles Winners (TBA) 1
Host (Berlin) 1
Wild Card Tournament 6

Total: 48

Declined slots:
Ukraine *
Norway *
Netherlands *
Croatia *
Hungary *
Slovenia *
We hope to see you in the future!

For Wildcard we will go a second round and ask all countries how many slots they need. Anticipated size of event will be ca. 20 teams and we expect all needs can be fulfilled. Slots not taken by countries will be openly available. Details to follow in the coming week.

10 Likes

Hi here!!

If people are looking for accommodations we booked here.
Near courts and not to expensive!
I share the plan to make it a polo camp ! :heart_eyes:

plan

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m David, from Zaragoza, Spain. My plan is to go by van from Zaragoza, Iā€™m going with two children (7 and 9 years old), will there be any camping area, will it be possible to park near the courts? I have not found any information to organize the trip, I do not know if anything has been published somewhere. Thanks in advance, lots of polo and greetings from Spain.

1 Like

hello
just here to say biiiiiiiiiig thanks to berlin, to montpellier, to django and to not voice any opinions i might have about the dates, format, or the length of djangos mustache.
the least you can do if you are invited to a party is

shut duck

no offence to anybody intended <3

but also: can someone poke someone from perpi so they dont ignore this forum anymore? id be verry happy to do it but dont know anybody

Iā€™'ve poke Mehdi from Perpignan on facebook and what i understand the communcation is plan to be on FB and Instagram.

So far :

(source : WHBPC 2023 // WORLD HARDCOURT BIKE POLO CHAMPIONSHIP 2023 )

Fresh news for Wildcard participants!

As a reminder, the Wildcard will take place on Wednesday August 23 : 20 teams of 4 players will compete on 4 courts for 7 slots for the Main Tournament.

The format will be a Swiss round (minimum 6 matches) with, if necessary, one or more play-off matches in the case of a tie.

Accommodation informations

We know that traveling in August in the South of France can be financially complicated.

We are therefore trying to find you already cheaper solutions so that you can organize yourself.

1. Single room at the University of Perpignan at ā‚¬19 per night (the request will be possible when registering for the tournaments ā€“ the form will be put online soon). The University is right next to the courts.

2. BIKEPOLO is a promotional code for apartments (located opposite the train station ā€“ 14 min by bike to the courts) for 2, 4 or 6 people: https://urlz.fr/kVWS - This promotional code offers you a 10% discount on all stays booked at the Appartā€™City Perpignan Center Gare *** from August 22 to 28, 2023 (active within 48 hours).

3. Discount on tent pitches at the Villeneuve de la Raho lake campsite (neighboring town of Perpignan - 18 min by bike to the polo grounds). Simply say that you are participating in the tournaments in your email to get the discount: https://www.villeneuvedelaraho.fr/le-village/camping/

Hi everyone, we are happy to announce the distribution of slots for the WHBPC 2023 next August.

Main tournament: 40 teams will compete from Thursday August 24th to Saturday August 26th, the distribution is as follows:

• Europe: 11 teams

• North America: 10 teams

• South America: 5 teams

• Oceania: 3 teams

• Asia: 1 team

• Africa: 1 team

• Perpignan Bike Polo: 1 team

• Reigning World Champion: Mongrels

• Wildcard: 7 teams

Wildcard: 20 teams will compete on Wednesday August 23, the distribution is as follows:

• Europe: 4 teams

• North America: 3 teams

• South America: 2 teams

• Oceania: 1 team

• Africa: 1 team

• Free registration (selected by draw): 9 teams

See you in 206 days!

1 Like

Hi everyone, as Q said we simply communicated via our social networks (FB/IG) as we did for the FH 2k14 and the EH 2k17, I would be a liar if I told you that we thought of other channels as we thought that was enough. All the information is there and we try to do our best to communicate as clearly as possible.

1 Like

I will try to come back regularly to the forum to answer any questions about the worlds, finally the one that I would understand thanks to google translate haha

1 Like

I allow myself to give my opinion even if it seems already acted. I find it difficult to capture the argument since we can we will do it, in terms of pure logistics we can still conceive the difficulties of organizing a trip abroad for a team (amount of the trip, housing and food on the spot)ā€¦ I must admit that the argument of the representativeness and the legitimacy of the qualified is the only valid one for me. so actually we may not be roasting like in perpignan (what a stupidity to do worlds in the middle of august in the south of france, and you know how it is alive you too in catalunya) but 3 weeks from worlds I donā€™t find it very smart to lengthen and even a little dangerous in view of future playing conditions. Afterwards, insofar as itā€™s decided, I hope Iā€™m wrong and that reality will prove me wrong. to finish it is that my opinion, I do not want to seem offensive, I speak only in my condition of player not as a member of perpignan bike polo.

Anyway thank you Berlin, and thank you to all the people who give time and energy for this.

1 Like

Hi David, Berlin does not offer any accommodation for players, they have to organise themselves, unfortunately. You can take a look that was posted above by Elodie, which seems a decent offer near the courts. If you have any friends or relatives in Berlin you may reach out to them and you may organise joint accomodation with your teammates, like Airbnb.

Regarding camping and parking in Berlin I have no specific recommendation for Berlin. Mind that there is some restrictions on which car is allowed to go how much to the center, for pollution reasons. But perhaps somebody from Berlin can give you better advice on all these topics, or some other players who have already looking into it.

Thanks Django, Iā€™m not asking for accommodation, but some general information regarding the championship would be appreciated ;).

We are working on a lot of updates regarding volunteering, team registration, event poster and more. Please follow this page, we will start releasing important information starting this week.

5 Likes

Tournament page is now found here: