European Championships 2023 - Event page

Euros

This is the official event thread. All important news you will find here. We will keep editing this post frequently. Please comment below any questions or comments!

Dates:
Wildcard - cancelled, everybody qualified for main
Main Event - August 2nd-5th

Full Game Schedule:
Game Plan Euros 2023

Team Registration:
Please fill this FORM by July 16th .

Call for volunteers:
Please fill this FORM if you can help us during the event!

Team list:
This is the list of registered teams. Maximum event size is 48 teams. We have a few TBAs in teams, free agents come forward!

Main Event:
1 Belles from hell - Jovi Alison Omayra Trinidad ( Austria )
2 Ventil - Django Conny Georg Christoffer ( Austria )
3 Lessive - Vincent Piks Jason Remy ( Belgium )
4 Waar is da feestje ? (Where is the party?) - Bulle Clément Mya Ladina ( Belgium )
5 For me no - Jonas Daniel Daniel Tomas ( Czechia )
6 Tvoje máma - Martin Mateen Eliška Alča ( Czechia )
7 80’s - Alexandre ledru Manu Dani Alan ( France )
8 Albatar - Stouph Rem’s Daf Silvio ( France )
9 Didiers Quentin Samir Baptiste TBA ( France )
10 JEAN VALJEAN MÉMOR - Victor Jerrom Gaspard Pablo ( France )
11 Last minute rookies - Lucas Justine Cordi TBA ( France )
12 Les chevals - Kostia Tristan Grégory Mc fly ( France )
13 Malabar - Elodie Julien Brice Martin ( France )
14 Mongrels united - Morgan Dodi Bouchard Emmet ( France )
15 PANAMERA - Mehdi Henri Charles Hugo ( France )
16 Rasta Rocket - Julien Romain Benjamin Cathal ( France )
17 Vandals - Alphonse Vincent Alban Parcim ( France )
18 Aal-Most - Rita Holger Bruno Johannes ( Germany )
19 Des Moggi - Daniel Pedro Fausto Kevin ( Germany )
20 Enorm in Form - Michi Enrico Max Power Christoph ( Germany )
21 Eternal Sesh - Nick Olle Jasper Raimo ( Germany )
22 Funky - Nicolas Lette Sebastian Shelley ( Germany )
23 INTERPOLo - Inkasso Bert Niels Chris ( Germany )
24 J’Adore Hardcore - emilio julia aislan kim ( Germany )
25 kirq mamushka - Momo Tony Phil Max ( Germany )
26 Last slot - Sepp Jule Luce Joel ( Germany )
27 Lizards - August Lisa Levin Julius ( Germany )
28 Mohawks - Eduard Clemens Christoph Enrico ( Germany )
29 Power Bottoms - Ana Manu Romana Liska ( Germany )
30 tba - Johanna Leon Aljoscha Andi ( Germany )
31 The Rumble - Jan Benni Daniel Alex ( Germany )
32 Caramba - Nele Max Greg Pablo ( International )
33 Shite Hawks - Kropa Johnny Mark Dave ( Ireland )
34 Goldrake - Scimmia Bojo Pyetro Mattia ( Italy )
35 GONFIOSTRUTTURA - Tommi Gipsy Liotu Sonni ( Italy )
36 HotWheels - Top Mazzetts Riki Gallo ( Italy )
37 Excuse The Mess - Szemek Madej Pajac Balcer ( Poland )
38 Expatriados - Mo Manu Kuba TBA ( Portugal )
39 HĂ©rcules bike polo club - Mon Tello Ray Will ( Spain )
40 Latina Thunder - Victor Antonio Johnny Patriki ( Spain )
41 Sandstorm - Miguel Javier Oriol David ( Spain )
42 Hotdogs - Alejandro Woods Clément Quentin ( Switzerland )
43 Make Way - Manu Tomas Charles TBA ( Switzerland )
44 Specie Rara - Andri Sam Danil TBA ( Switzerland )
45 Udan Tashtaree - Nathalie Joel Mario Stephane ( Switzerland )
46 WHO - Reto Dani Chrigu Michu ( Switzerland )
47 Turkish Delights - Can Murat Abdullah Alican ( Turkey )
48 MANDEM - Adam Benjamin Saul Louie ( United Kingdom )

6 Likes

We appeal to the European Bikepolo community to volunteer helping out Berlin to host this mega event. Please before filling THE FORM read the following description:

Livestreaming volunteering:

Streaming will be organised by Down Over Polo with the help of players and friends. Volunteer duties include holding the camera, commenting live or being behind the computer to change camera angles. The skills required are minimal and training takes a few seconds, but be sure it’s great fun to participate!

At this stage it is unsure whether the streaming will happen over the whole tournament or just on the Sunday.

Bar volunteering:

The bar staff will be organized by a bar captain and 2 volunteers (during one shift) that help to ensure a smooth running bar. Volunteer duties include to take over a shift of 4h and serve drinks, sell merch, refill fridges, refill drinking water, clean cups. The bar runs from Friday 28.7. to Saturday 5.8. from 9 am to 9 pm. The shifts starts each day at 9am, 1pm and 5pm.

Maintenance:

The maintenance team will be organized by one captains and 2 volunteers (during one shift) . They take care of rubbish in the area next to the courts, bar and in the players area. 3 times a day (at the morning, in the middle of the day and at the end of the day) the team will clean our area and ensures that the existing rubbish bins and rubbish bags are emptied or replaced.

Orga Desk:

The orga-desk helpers make sure that the tournament runs smoothly and on time so that everyone can play the max number of games. You also get to make silly jokes through the mic and have fun with the team-names. You’ll be talking to the refs to get the scores, put them in to the spread-sheet and operate it - so having basic skills in operating a spread-sheet and good ears to understand the mumbling refs are an advantage when helping out here. There will be 4 shifts a day of ~3 hours each.

Player’s Care:

The player’s care department is mostly responsible for managing the registration process for the tournament, and therefore if you take this job you will be more busy before the tournament than during it. During the tournament you will need to check if the bikes are legal (which is called bike check) and make sure all the teams are there and complete (which we call check in). Usually the tournament starts on Friday with a morning group and then an afternoon group, so both the check-in and the bike check have to be done in two blocks. And then you are free. We need basically 2 people before the tournament: the captain and someone to help with communication. During the tournament 2 more are enough. Maybe it could be also the contact point for conflict resolution?

Non-playing Referee:

We are looking for experienced refs who do not play themselves in the event. Every team will have to participate in reffing, but the more non-playing refs we can find, the more players can focus on the tournament. If you are passionate about reffing and want to take some of the reffing load off referees who are also active players, please sign up. Please comment on your reffing experience and which role (main ref, assistant ref) you want to take on.

8 Likes

Heyy!

Nice to see this coming together, thanks for the hard work Django!

Two questions I had in mind so far:

-What’s the rule for “nationality” this year? How many people on each team needs to come from/ play in the same country to claim a spot?

-Is any central free agent coordination planned, or shall it just be discussed here in comments/ a separate thread?

1 Like

Hey bruno. So far Each region have there own rules. Some regions are really serious other no so much.

1 Like

In general, countries make their own rules, but less than 2/4 players from a country is not acceptable. Hungary has been offered a slot and did not take it (Tamas Erces is the spokeperson). I recommend you find some allies and go for a wildcard spot! Would be great to see you at the event!

Perhaps start a free agent post?

1 Like

Team registration is open! Team Registration:
Please fill this FORM by June 30th.

2 Likes

We found some affordable hostel super close to the court on a sports venue. We reseverd all 14 beds. If you are interested. Have a look here

1 Like

I’ve been playing in Copenhagen for the last couple of years, and even though we’ve got a spot, everyone else pulled out. So the spot for Denmark is free to be reallocated and I will try to get in another way, I do hope we see each other there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh what a pity. OK no worries! Good luck!

1 Like

I’m looking to register for the wildcard. Is there a requirement for a minimum amount of players to be from Europe?

3/4’s

If you still look for an accommodation pls check this post. There is still space in “TiB-Vereinsheim” close to the courts. Costs are €29,75 /person/night, so total of €178,50 for the whole championships (six night: 31.07.-06.08.2023). You need to let us know this week.

2 Likes

Is it 2/4 or 3/4 from Europe for Wildcard?

Two Aussies - me and @joely are in town and keen to play if we can with @jovina and another European if that’s allowed? Or we can split up and join other teams?

Yeah since its European champs the requirement is 3/4 European, even for Wildcards. But European is everybody who lives here and plays in a European club.

3 Likes

Update: Team list has been added to the top post. Registration is still open until July 16th midnight. This is your last chance!

Important: If total number of team is less or equal to 52 teams there will be no wildcard day and teams qualify directly.

2 Likes

Hey guys!
I applied for volunteering for Player’s Care but I didn’t get any respond back. Can you tell me something about it please? My name is Krisztina Kaldenecker
Thank you so much!

6 Likes

Hi, we will work on the volunteering list in the next days and will get to you soon. Thanks a lot for offering your help!

Michi

3 Likes

polohelp2

Hi there polo peeps,

we really really need your help for the polo extravaganza we’re hosting for you people in berlin this year - so please fill out the HELPERS FORM and tell your teammates, friends, family, pets and neighbours to do the same! (so far the response has been… very underwhelming, to say the least)

merci :heart:

6 Likes

Hey there, I’m willing to give a hand, looking into a way to get to Berlin and will get back to you

4 Likes

Update: There will be no Wildcard, all teams have a slot in Main Event. There are still 3 last slots open until July 16th.

9 Likes