Banning a player from a tournament for being too young?

i ll just mention that a lot of the best horse polo players compete at a young age, 15 yo or even less ! and you can die trampled by your own horse.

i think also organizer themselves shouldnt be critisized harshly for a decision they had to take without guidance and rather hopefully this talk sets a new standard.

also if i was orga i would make you sign a form as their legal representant that you are aware of any danger your under aged sons are exposed , and happy with it.

i disagree strongly on your previous statment that injuries only occurs with violent plays

• a ninja ball can take out a heavy player using clipless shoes making him topple on your youngest kid, even while everyone being careful.

• if your kids are actually good and pacing the game up, the competitive nature of a tournament might push them to get into more dangerous situation than just pick ups ( but the nature of the tournament dictate this ie: “chill” tournament vs national qualifier)

3 Likes

Dear Poloverse,

I would like to comment on my comment! BPC Halle, I want to apologise for judging you without talking to you first! Especially since we have a long history together I should have known better!

Communication can be a hard thing to learn and all of us could constantly work on it. After a big forum with all people affected, I could understand better how this storm was born, I realised that there was a big leak of communication. We all know there are topics or kinds to talks which can trigger us and make us unable to react appropriately in this situation. After I had the chance to hear from both sides of the whole story, I feel this is what happened to both sides.

I really hope that the talk we had will help to come together again. Personally, this happened to me, I got triggered by posts in telegram groups and the opening post of this discussion here, and I missed to reflect instead of reacting immediately.

I am writing this because I really think we should take care of each other and believe in each other that we all want to see the sport growing and developing, and also because I believe that we mixed things together, which should be discussed separately.

Therefore I would like to invite everyone to share their opinions in a new discussion thread, which is no longer fighting on the back of BP Halle and where we can talk about the important and greater subject of how inclusive Bike Polo is and how far it should be.

With love Nele

7 Likes