BP News Berlin Mixed

IMG_20230801_102210_333
IMG_20230801_102210_802

Ladina, Clemens and Eddy won the Berlin Mixed

The Mowhaks duo Clemens & Eddy won the biggest polo tournament in the world so far this weekend with Ladina.

The worldwide known Berlin Mixed took place like every year at the end of July in Berlin. 64 teams played three days on a total of 4 courts.
Friday and Saturday 5 games were played in Swissrounds. “espresso”(Eddy, Ladina, Clemens) led the table, closely followed by “Geh ins Tor Junge”(Remy, Lisa, August), who also had 9 wins and 1 draw.

This was followed on Sunday by a single elimination with all teams.

The four teams that lost their quarterfinals but still made the top 8 were:
“Geh ins Tor Junge” (Remy, August, Lisa).
Raccoons(Jason, Basti, Conny)
Enorm in Form(Jovina, Levin, Julius)
Baking Bad(Enrico, Shelley, Lette)

In the first semifinal “espresso” played against “I don’t care”(Quentin, Alca, Samir). The team around Ladina won 3:2 like in the previous quarterfinal and was the first team to enter the final.
In the second semifinal “khomoram bheem”(Leon, Eliska, Max N) and “People Dem”(Miles, Mya, Saul) faced each other. The team around European Champion Leon was able to beat last year’s winner “Geh ins Tor Junge” in the previous quarterfinal. This semi-final was probably one of the best games of the tournament, which was partly due to a total of 11 goals. Saul sent his team to the final. People Dem, who were in third place after the group stage, won the match 6:5

The match for third place between “khomoram bheem” and “I don’t care” was even at first, but brilliant passing by Eliska’s team turned the match around and “I don’t care” lost 2:3.
The final between “espresso” and “people dem” was not very scoreless, although many counter attackswere played. Saul couldn’t quite keep up his performance and Clemens and Eddy probably also used their experience.
In the end it was a 2:1 for espresso.

Furthermore there were the following awards:
MVP: Lisa(Kiev/Berlin)
Best Teamplayer: Shelley(NYC)
Best Teamoutfit: Funky(Lette, Enrico, Shelley)
Flinta Rising Star: Rita(Berlin)
Best Rookie : Luce(Brussels)

Ladina Clemens und Eddy gewinnen das Berlin Mixed

Das Mowhaks Duo Clemens & Eddy gewannen am Wochenende mit Ladina das bisher größte Poloturnier der Welt.

Das weltweit bekannte Berlin Mixed fand wie jedes Jahr Ende Juli in Berlin statt. Insgesamt spielten 64 Teams drei Tage auf insgesamt 4 Plätzen.
Freitag und Samstag wurden 5 Spiele in Swissrounds gespielt. Espresso(Eddy, Ladina, Clemens) führte die Tabelle an, dicht gefolgt von Geh ins Tor Junge(Remy, Lisa, August), die ebenfalls 9 Siege und 1 Unentschieden erspielten.

Am Sonntag folgte dann eine Single Elimination mit allen 64 Teams.
Nach 4 Runden standen 4 Teams in den Halbfinals.

Die vier Teams die ihr Viertelfinale verloren, aber somit trotzdem die Top 8 erreichten waren:
Geh ins Tor Junge(Remy, August, Lisa)
Raccoons(Jason, Basti, Conny)
Enorm in Form(Jovina, Levin, Julius)
Baking Bad(Enrico, Shelley, Lette)

Im ersten Halbfinale spielte “espresso” gegen “I don’t care”(Quentin, Alca, Samir). Das Team um Schweizerin Ladina konnte wie im vorherigen Viertelfinale mit 3:2 gewinnen und zog als erstes Team ins Finale ein.
Im zweiten Halbfinale standen sich “khomoram bheem”(Leon, Eliska, Max N) und “People Dem”(Miles, Mya, Saul) gegenüber. Das Team um Europameister Leon konnte im vorherigen Viertelfinale den Vorjahressieger “Geh ins Tor Junge” schlagen. Dieses Halbfinale war wohl eines der besten Spiele des Turniers, was unter anderem auch an insgesamt 11 Toren lag. Saul wuchs in diesem Spiel über sich hinaus und schoss sein Team ins Finale. People Dem, die nach der Gruppenphase auf dem dritten Platz waren gewannen das Spiel mit 6:5

Das Spiel um Platz drei zwischen “khomoram bheem” und “I don’t care” verlief zuerst ausgeglichen, durch brillantes Passspiel in Eliskas Team drehte sich das Spiel aber und “I don’t care” unterlag mit 2:3
Das Final zwischen “espresso” und “people dem” war nicht sehr torreich, obwohl viele Konter gespielt wurden. Saul konnte nicht ganz an seine Leistung anknüpfen und Clemens und Eddy nutzen wohl auch ihre Finalerfahrung.
Schlussendlich war es ein 2:1 für espresso.

Des weiteren gab es folgende Auszeichnungen:
MVP: Lisa(Kiev/Berlin)
Best Teamplayer: Shelley(NYC)
Best Teamoutfit: Funky(Lette, Enrico, Shelley)
Flinta Rising Star: Rita(Berlin)
Best Rookie : Luce(Brussels)

5 Likes