Dabbing

Hi everyone, here Chaco from Córdoba (BPLA). We have a doubt that i think comes from our interpretation of the english version about dabbing.
“6.2.1.1 A player is considered to dab, or be dabbed, when their foot rests on anything other
than their own bike or the vertical face of the boards.”
This rule allows you or not to place your foot on the board?

It sounds to me that foot on board is fine, which also sounds pretty weird at the same time…

I understand the rule as follows (and have seen it reffed like this many times):

you are allowed to place your foot on the vertical side of the boards, same goes for hands, you are allowed to make a fist and push against the vertical face of the boards.

however, you are NOT allowed to hold onto the boards or press from above onto the edge of the boards with your elbow, for example (since the top edge of the boards are not a vertical surface) - and if the boards are not perfectly straight (like the ones in Berlin where we have a small ledge like 20cm above the ground), you can not place a foot on the ledge there (again, since it is not a vertical surface).

I like this rule, since it levels the playing field for players on flat pedals close to the boards. instead of hopping around you can just rest the foot there or push away with the fist.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely gonna try it.