Did someone change something?

Something up with the css? Dark mode seems to not be available anymore and the site looks rather 2000ish. I don’t mind the latter but what happend to dark mode? I’m on firefox.

5 Likes

Front page looks better!
But personally not keen on the new headers font.
And the tags with their large bright colours are getting a bit too prominent imo, I find them quite visually annoying, not sure if they get used that much?

3 Likes

eheh sorry it was me!
I tried to make a bit up the design using some basic features tweak.

I kinda prefer the new boxed style for categories/tags, but I can revert to the visually lighter bullet square we had before.

Same thing for the fonts, I changed from Helvetica to Roboto/RobotoSlab, just as a test, and I am glad that somebody noticed those changes and gave feedback!

Actually I made all this just yesterday, so your feedback is right on time!

Maybe we can collect some other feedback before making other changes, but I am not jelous of the new setup and keen on modifing it again and again :slight_smile:

Regarding the new home, I would agree with @Frax and I find more useful showing the last topics, and the split design (categories/topics), even if it really looks a bit old fashioned.

As I mentioned in some admin chat, it should be time to make a major Discourse upgrade, which comes with some interesting visual features, but I can’t do that on my own, so I have to wait to align with the other nerdy admins.

I found an issue I couldn’t solve, regarding the default theme, which should be the one I use, but not sure it’s the default for all the other users tho!

This is how it should look like:
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 20.06.50

and yes, dark mode is a bit broken too 🥲 I need (and I want) to work on it as soon as I have some spare time, but also, I would rather start updating the theme, after we manage the big platform upgrade, if possible…

6 Likes

Cheers for working on it. I like what you are doing <3

1 Like

If you need help with graphics design let me know.
I can make some time for it.

oh the font for the title header looks…

… beautiful!

thanks pyetro. sorry frax.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Migcha!
Actually at the moment I would try to focus the effort on updating the platform before focusing on the theme, any further change might break as we update the core. Btw I appreciate your help, and surely we can have a chat to have a look at the theme together, your help is surely precious, considering the Praaap branding, your style perfectly align with The Poloverse! :sparkles:

3 Likes