Haven’t found any post about that yet but how have you planned to manage this place?
Is this a few guys/girl project with all decisionnal power ?
Is this an associative non-profit kind of structure, with committee and general assembly ?
Is this something else, more “clubs based” in which all “clubs” could have a voice/input into the major forum decision ?
I guess it’s pretty important to think through this at the very beginning because you never know what could happen and how decisions could be seen.
I totally get that it could just be a cool few-people project but if the aim is to be the place of the major bike polo communications it should be build on strong principles, almost like a “manifeste”.
For exemple i’ve few idea in mind like:
- the goal of this space (the forum) is to provide an independant discussion plateform (outside GAFAM)
- the goal of this space is to promote and verify that equality respected within his forums
- the goal of this space is to be financially independant (no ads ?)
- this space (the forum) must be 100% financially transparent
- this space (the forum) is the property of … (the bike polo forum association ?)
- the owner garantee that the goals of this space is met on a annual basis
It’s just few examples to start the discussion of course.
Have you already talked about that ?