hubs conversions

after spending weeks looking at high end hubs like chris kings, hope, industry 9 , ive learn a bit about compatibility , spacing, boost , axle.

i would like to make a proper post here that player could read when they go through the same.

4 Likes

I just purchased a set of of the hope pro 4, ss rear and mtb front. Def worth putting a list together of potential hubs.

hope seem realtively easy to adapt, what im interested in is : whats the attachement system you have ? how do you fit it on your bike if there is any adaptator

Sorry for late reply, I’ve found QR work just fine for the front, but I’ll eventually get a through axle, which the hub can be easily converted to. The SS hope 4 is bolt on, don’t see the advantage of thur-axle for the rear other than wider dropouts.

to be fair i wish everything was bolt on but it seems chris king for exemple have moved on to thru axle and qr only

1 Like

Came to this site to find this thread!
I currently have a set of old 26 MTB wheels I got on ebay with Paul Components hubs 32H. Paul sells a conversion kit to make the front hub bolt on too.
White Industries also has a single speed bolt on rear hub (ENO), I could not find a White Industries bolt on front hub.

I had trouble with my front wheel moving in the dropouts from braking so I want my next wheel set to be bolt on front and back.

Currently looking to build a wheel set with more spokes 36+

1 Like

i have a pair if 48 fixcraft 26" if you intersted but im in london