List of Polo Brands

its not 100% sure to get exactly the same batch from one batch to another so thats why the balls are not consistant.

Do you really think so ? I expect the supplier to have some quality control. At least 90%

not really, thats the reason why the last batch of cold weather ball from hecklers/ milk cracks in winter, they get way too hard compared to the green ones.

same for the summer ones, berlin had a one of a kind pink ones that stayed hard all day even without ice ( actually saw one of them explode out the ice box) do you know if they are old cambridge ones ?

long time ago , crackfox harvey from cambridge sourced a ball manufacturer in thailand and since gave the plug to whoever wanted to carry on the business after he stoped. he also produced for sale the first capped mallet !

I see. Actually I was listening yesterday to the Northside polo podcast ep 24 with Sean from fixcraft and he was mentioning the same issue with the balls.

And yes I have the same experience with the latest batch from milk . Now we got some new from Stubborn. the summer it’s ok but a bit light. The mid and winter feel too soft . Let’s wait until winter and see if they get better.

Or maybe we just need to look for a solution as a community.

we can put in an order any time we just need to raise fund for 5000 balls each weather batch and then stock them.

harvey was already trying to do this but sometimes the “community” doesnt really get together

2 Likes

Yeah totally get your point but maybe is something that we can do from EHBA contacting all clubs representatives before the beginning of each season.

3 Likes

not each season, a new batch order will probably cover all euro clubs for a couple years.

we need a few clubs to pour in the initial payment and then dispatch them when we receive the shipment ( its a lot of boxes to store as well). i would avoid UK or swiss club cuz the shipping would be very expensive after receiving it.

also ideally we could have someone on site in thailand to actually QC the batches, save the formula and ensure the following batches are consistant ( ideally)

talk with your club ! see if they have funds , you will definetly make the money back.

1 Like

I like the idea but we should just proposed to EHBA . Not sure how this could work out and if EHBA is willing to get involved.

I am located in Zurich so same issue as the UK.
But for sure our Club would be In on helping an Initiative like this where we can ensure the we all get good quality balls.

ehba is only put together to ensure a city is bidding for euro or world and that the courts and rules are up to standards, as well as country slot alocation and comunication.

anything else is irelevant and should be handled by the clubs themselves

anyone still using hockey balls ? there are a few that are similar of what we use, like mylec or bauer.
current batch from roger is actually d gel ( inprinted on the back of the ball)

some are 55grm and smaller i think and some are 70gr ( bauer XD )

1 Like

Brand new website, accepting again orders for frames, fork and teeshirts

https://laluce.cc

2 Likes

UP TO 150 EUR DISCOUNT for the 10 first orders!
Need to buy a mill and set up my new workshop in Bern!

5 Likes