London Open 2024

london open 2024 (1)
poster by adrienneillustrates

LONDON OPEN 2024!!

Date: Saturday 3rd - Sunday 4th August

Update!

Hi everyone,

It’s time to get ready for the return of the London Open.

When?
Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th August 2024
08:30-18:00

Where?
Ferndale Community Sports Centre,
Nursery Rd, London SW9 8BP
There is a no alcohol policy at the centre (sorry) which means we need to be careful about drinking around the court, but there are plenty of bars and street corners to hang out on.

Format?
Morning and Afternoon groups on Saturday with at least 5 games of Swiss.
Double elim on Sunday.

FRIDAY
Super host Beagle has laid out a very detailed plan for the day-

Everyone arriving on Friday!

3pm - We’ll meet at The Spot which is by the Thames in front of Tate.

Grab food, beers and build your bike if you have not.

5pm - Head to Newington to secure the court, as much as it is a double court, we are only taking one, clean it, set it up, play sweet polo till 9.50 when the lights go out.

There’ll be 2 BBQ grills fired up, Tesco, Sainburys and ALDI are all close by, grab food, grill and eat!

10pm - Lights out and we pack and ride to Hop, has to be on point as they shut at 11, skate part, messenger family HQ and great vibes guaranteed!

11pm - We’ll have a ride to burn off some of the alcohol and have a chilled time, probably more beers and chill by a secret beach (yes, a beach in London!)

SATURDAY
08:30 Breakfast at the courts.
Bring your own cup for coffee.

09:00 Morning group games.

13:30 Afternoon group games.

18:00 +
Party at Craft Metropolis
Arch 263, 241 Coldharbour Ln, London SW9 8RR
We have the whole venue and a secure place for the bikes so invite whoever you like! There’s also a projector if you’d like to get involved with playing some videos/music. Message on here or to someone from London Bike Polo.

SUNDAY
08:30 Breakfast at the courts.
Bring that coffee cup again.

09:00 Double elimination.

18:00 Finals over and we leave the courts.

We’re looking forward to having you!

Let us know of any team changes. Morning and afternoon groups announced soon.

Cheerio!

Telegram group- Telegram: Contact @BikePoloEU

Team Name Players
RadHatters Felix Cramer (London), Dany Majard (London), Louie Staniland (London)
Wisco Disco Kayla Story-White (London), Tony White (London), Christian Walding (Milwaukee)
Manchester Town Andy (Manchester), Joe (Manchester), Emyr (Manchester)
Better call Saul Saul (London ), Levin Abel (Halle), Niels (Halle)
Caramba Grégory (Zurch), Pajac (Warsaw), Frax (Praha)
Great God Pan Kat (Birmingham ), Harry (Birmingham ), Raphi (Vienna)
TBC Lette (Berlin), Jeff (Puerto Rico?), Charlie (London)
Ritzy anna (Vienna), Astrid (Vienna), Antonio stny (London)
Silent Fist George Harvey (Berlin), Benjamin Beagle (London), Ben Rodrick (London)
Cold Snap Alex Frier (London ), Simone Di Pietrantonio (Pescara), Vangelis Pipis (London)
The Tafia Marika (Cardiff), Paul (Cardiff), Leo (Cardiff)
RafalOg Cathal (Montpellier France ), Raphaelle (Montpellier France ), Ben j (London bike polo )
Gracias Madre Miles (London), Matt Plumber (London), Punch (Vicenza)
Tango Tacha (Cardiff), Thom (Bristol ), Chan (Manchester )
Trottole Mattia Bassi (London), Luca Paparella (Pescara), Daniele Genna (Barcellona)
Bueppel Andy (Bueppel Germany), Ole (Bueppel Germany), Flo (Bueppel Germany)
Seeds Graham (Bristol Rovers PC), Kat (Bristol Rovers PC), Hazman (Bristol Rovers PC)
watch me dance Kim van Dijk (berlin), emilio (berlin), gitti la mar (berlin)
Contained Cycles Polo Michael Daniel (New Milton Bike Polo), Joseph James (New Milton Bike Polo), Louis George (New Milton Bike Polo)
Whimsical Woodpecker Warriors Oliver (Dresden (Ger)), Cody (Geneva (CH)), Äri ((Vienna))
and now for something completely different Laura (London), Ziemek (London), Jerry (Warsaw)
TBC Mya (London), Martin (Paris), Vincent (Brussels)
3 KaRaT Kian (Birmingham), Tom (Birmingham), Rob (Birmingham)
7 Likes

Nvm, Yeah :sweat_smile: I am a free agent!
Mid level, playing in Geneva Switzerland for the past two years.

Free Agent from Vienna with intermediate experience :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: pick me!

1 Like

free agent

Hey! How many teams have registered yet?

Currently 20

I would like to play…
Pick me in your team or let’s build one

Y’all have any hostel recommendations for London?

There is a cheap backpacker hostel about 5 minutes from the court. Hopefully in the next week we can also sort out other accommodation options that the club can provide.

3 Likes

hey, this is Olli from Dresden. I had someone from each of my teams for both London and Bristol cancel and now we have an open spot for both teams. the teams are “GoGoGoGolondrinas” for Bristol and “Whimsical Woodpecker Warriors” for London. both teams have a nice and supportive attitude and would love to play with you. just write me if you want to play with us. i would love to make sure the teams are complete so i’m hoping to hear from you. :) cheers Oliver

3 Likes

Hi all,

@Frax and I are looking for a third player… unfortunately our lovely @Nele won’t be able to play with us due to her injury.

Send us a message !

Greg

I’m free on the Sunday if anyone needs a sub

Whimsical Woodpecker Warriors are looking for a third,
Ari dropped dropped to go to the courrier champs and Adam took over for him. Then Olli got hurt, and can’t play polo for a while… :sweat_smile:

Hey London open crew! Is anyone going from London open to Bristol mixed can carry an order of mallets? Like maybe 4 in total

I can play! I’m a London player but still haven’t got round to sorting a team - let me know if you still need a third

3 Likes