Maribor Open III - International Bikepolo Tournament

Save the date for… 17 -18. 8. 2024!!!

Hello everyone,

We are glad to announce the details of the tournament.

First of all, the tournament will be on 17-18 August 2024.

However, we have good news for people who would like to come on the 16th. We will be on the court doing some last-minute arrangements and have some drinks and play some pick-ups all together.

Accommodation:

We are trying to arrange sleeping next to the court in stundent dorm. More info coming soon!

Transportation:

We will provide shuttle service on Saturday morning from Maribor Main Train Station to Ruše Sports Park and Sunday evening from Ruše Sports Park to Maribor Main Train Station.

If you need the shuttle service, please let us know with details of your arrival and departure.

For those crazy enough to cycle, Ruše Sports Park is about 30 minutes away from Maribor center by bike and you can find the safe cycling route in the following link:

Drava Bike - uradna spletna stran

Radlje ob Dravi–Maribor 4

Food:

We will be providing breakfasts and lunches for 17-18th as before.

!!!P.S.: Bring your cutlery and cups for the meals.

Registration dates/fee:

Registration starts from 21.06.2024 at 17.00 to 26.07.2024 and it will be on a first come first served basis so don’t forget to register as soon as possible.

Registration via email to bikepolo.maribor@gmail.com.
Send team name along with players (+city) max one TBA.

We would like you to send the registration fee (60 € / per team) through PayPal to ppeter235@gmail.com by 2.08.2024.

If we do not receive your payment, you will not be included in the tournament schedule but come to watch it anyhow.

See you at court!!!

8 Likes

Hi!
After a cycling trip I might be in Maribor that period. In case I can join a team, I’d love to!! :) Don’t hesitate to contact me.
Cheers, Brecht (from Brussels)

3 Likes

Team List?

3 Likes

TEAM LIST

1.Human Fish: Peter (Maribor), David (Maribor), Miguel (Vienna)
2. Confusion: Blaž (Ptuj), Matej (Ptuj), TBA
3. trouble fakers: Ana (Vienna), Frie (Vienna), TBA
4. AYMO NASHI: Iva (Duga Resa), Mateen (Vienna), Johanna (Vienna)
5. Spoke break 3000: Christopher (Linz), Georg (Vienna), Conny (Vienna)
6. THE WALL: Kuba (Vienna), Äri (Vienna), Alan (Santa Fe, Argentina)
7. Radio City: Django, Hansi, Jonas (Graz)

6 Likes

Hi, I wrote you an email but I didn’t receive a response

1 Like

Hey hey, just sent an email to you. Your email went to spam for some reason.

hi, Brecht I’m looking for two teammates, would you be interested?

hey,
so how’s perspective on Maribor III? I loved the vibe before, but with so few teams I have a feeling some others might drop too… want to plan my summer holidays accordingly. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oj!
I know what u mean.
Im in conntact with my brother about it.
We/I will have more news about it this comming weekend.

2 Likes

We are happy to announce that the tournament will take place!

But since it´s uncertain how many teams we´ll finally be, we have to decided, to keep it small and simple. That means we just have a fun weekend but sadly we won´t provide sleeping or food. (except somebody wants to cook :smiley: )

There is a Cafe / Bistro diectly next to the court and a restaurant 300m away. And there is a supermarket (closed on sunday) around 800m away from the court. So everything you need is super close!

We´ll have a fridge at the court and we´ll organize some beer and limo, so everybody stays cool like coolpolo jugo alpe :heart:

Concerning accommodation. We tried organize a place to stay but since the court isn´t directly in maribor and we don´t know how many people we are in the end, it wasn´t possible to do so. Therefore we kindly ask you to organize one by yourself. Cycling to maribor takes around 30-40min by Polobike on a safe bike route along river Drava. To help you we have prepared a list of possible alternatives, from apartments, hotels to hostels:

Ruse:

• Family fun Pohorje
  • HOSTEL Postaja
  • Hotel Veter - Meljska

Maribor:

• Petite Apartment
  • Apartment Bon Voyage
  • Apartma Gondola
  • Apartma Center
  • Stanovanje pod Pohorjem

If you plan to sleep in the car it´s no problem to do it on the parking lot behind the court!

I hope everybody finds a solution!

The format will be annouced 1 week before the tournament when I roughly know how many teams we are. We have lights till 22:00. So a lot of polo for those who come!

Because we basically don’t provide anything except the court, fame and love there won´t be any registration fee!! :love_letter:

So come by and have a fun weekend and let your friends know to organize a team and come aswell!

See you in August!

4 Likes

Brecht! I’ve sent you a message on Signal! Play with me, Johanna and Mateen can’t make it !

1 Like

Hey, some last information:

We´ll start on Saturday at 10:00 and end on Sunday aroung 16:00/17:00. I´ll work on a good format so that every team has a good amount of games without being exhausted. It´s getting hot this weekend!
I think on Saturday we play round robin (maybe twice) and sunday the remaining games and a single or double elimination…

Are there any changes with the teams? Any spontaneous registration?

We´ll have some tents for shade and if you want to swim in Drava River bring your swimming trunks ;)

We are looking forward!
See you

4 Likes

Hi,

Sorry to notify you so late, but ‘Spoke Break 3000’ is out.

Have fun anyway and see you soon somewhere else…

1 Like

hey dear all,
team trouble fakers is also out. we’re verry sorry for the spontaneous and late cancellation!

1 Like

Three is a charm, in this case its a curse… 2/3 of THE WALL is out. also sorry for the late cancellation. have fun!

1 Like