Mixed or Treat 8 (Milano, 28–29 October 2023)

Agent free

2 Likes

me too

Lottery will take place tomorrow night (13th September) at around 20:00 (CET) via @milanobikepolo Instagram Live Broadcast!

5 Likes

The lottery will take place at CET 21:00 sharp via @milanobikepolo Instagram live streaming!

We are sorry for the inconvenience the delay can cause :innocent:

Free agent! Would really love to join again!

3 Likes

The lottery was made! Team and waiting list updated in the first post!

Congrats to all the teams who made it!

Following an email will be sent to all the team captains with further instructions to complete the registration.

Thanks for watching

5 Likes

me too free agent :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too-free agend(er)!

2 Likes

Hello.
Please Can you put a message here after you sent the email to the captain (afraid of spam in my mailbox).
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

sure I will!

1 Like

Team confirmation instruction sent via email!

Please check the SPAM folder if you didn’t receive it.

The team registration fee deadline is at midnight of Sunday 24th September 2023.

As soon as we receive the registration fee, we’ll put a :white_check_mark: next to your team name here in the main thread. If we don’t receive the money by the deadline, your team will be pushed to the end of the waiting list, and another team will be called to play. There is no way around it as the next team is called automatically.

Thank you!

For those who will sleep in the Leoncavallo dormitory, I am happy to confirm that hot water and heating is regularly working!

4 Likes

A team in the waiting list canceled, and so the first two in the waiting list, so we announce that Background Check team is officially in!

@Nanni I am about to send you the confirmation email with further instructions.

1 Like

Ciao !

Possiamo sapere i composizioni dei gruppi ?

Non vedo l’ora…

A presto

1 Like

I have a pair of Continental GP 5000 27.5x30b that I have used one time. They are very close to new. I am willing to sell the pair for 60€ if anyone wants them. The are almost 50€ each on bike components Continental Grand Prix 5000 S Tubeless Ready 27.5" Folding Tyre - bike-components
Let me know if I should bring them to Milano.

Price negotiable

1 Like

Following some important information and a bit of planning of the days ahead.

Please share this informations with your teammates.

By Friday 27th October we will communicate the Challonge links.

General info

There will be a “Player area” on the right side of the court for:

• bicycle parking
  • main ref (and streaming) spot
  • Info Point table
  • snack table
  • polo market table. If you have stuff to sell, this is a safe place where to leave your stuff, with labels and price tags. (There will be also a bigger marketplace on sunday in the Hemp Area of Leoncavallo, you can ask to exhibitors to keep your stuff there if you want to expand your products reach)

We recommend to keep all of your stuff inside the Player Area which will be delimited with barriers.

Fruit, snack and juices is included in the registration and will be placed in the Player Area.

Coffee/tea, lunch, dinner and drinks will be served at the Leoncavallo bar at fair prices throughout the day from friday to sunday.

Friday 27th October

When What
TBA Leoncavallo opens
Everybody is welcome to join us to play pick-ups and grab a place in the hospitality rooms.
MBP will be busy to finish the last details for the tournament, you can help if you want or just stick around chilling out and play Bike Polo!
23:00 Leoncavallo closes
End of pick-ups, we close the court hall, good night.

Saturday 28th October

When What
8:00 Leoncavallo opens
Breakfast, team registrations and race pack
8:30 Group A first game
• Babar
• Vinci Milano
• I Becchini
• Granchi Reali
• Focaccia
• Power Puff People
12:30 Group B first game
• Spritz Cynar
• Tranquillo
• JojoDals
• T-Rex
• Background Check
• Ematoma
16:30 Group C first game
• Eiffel 65
• Enorm in Form
• Free Frix
• Top Grazie
• Apocalypsers Friends
• Queens of the joust age
16:00–20:00 Dauntaun Opening
Leoncavallo’s Underground Street Art Museum
18:30–19:30 “La Paura Fa Novanta” Alley cat arrival
21:00 Track-Stand, Footdown and Pick-ups
23:00 "DJ Bolla & Friends: Ivan Iacobucci” party
House, Deep House, Techno @ Leoncavallo’s Foresta
23:00 "Breakout w/ Mystic Visions” party
Bass, Breaks, Uk Garage, Electro @ Leoncavallo’s Baretto
04:00 Leoncavallo closes

Sunday 29th October

When What
8:00 Leoncavallo opens
Breakfast
8:30 Repechage Round robin
The last 4 teams will play 3 games.
The first two enters the double elimination.
10:00 Double Elimination
14:00 "GGGGran Bazaar & Tales Volume 2”
Marketplace @ Leoncavallo’s Hemp Area
16:00 "La Primavera è Primavera anche in città”
Film Screening @ Leoncavallo’s Hemp Area
Trailer_La Primavera è Primavera anche in città on Vimeo
19:30 End of tournament (hopefully)
Prize giving, celebrations and group photo
21:00 Leoncavallo Stand Up Comedy
@ Leoncavallo’s Baretto
23:00 Leoncavallo closes

Monday 30th October

When What
Morning Leoncavallo hosted players "check-out”

Hospitality

We remind you that Leoncavallo offers free hospitality but we are asking a contribution of €5/night/person to support and contribute to the squat activities and their kind help.

There will be 3/4 heated rooms with about 15–18 beds/mattresses. Other than sleeping bag, we strongly recommend to bring a portable/inflatable mat in case you miss a bed/mattress. The hospitality has toilets, hot shower and heating.

Communication

We will use the Telegram group @JasonEnVelo created a few months ago, to communicate during these days. Please join the group via the following link: Bike polo Tournaments Chats EU

5 Likes

I strongly recommend to visit the Leoncavallo’s Dauntaun on Saturday, the underground street art museum, a unique place totally worth to see!

5 Likes

This mixed edition of the well known Stick or Treat Halloween Tournament was a blast, again!

It took a few days for me to fully recover from the “psychological damage” (also known as “the-blues-after-polo”) I got after any tournament, imagine how blues it is after the one we organise!

Thanks to all the polo community that supported our event, by participating in first, donating goodies for the prize giving, streaming worldwide, winning, losing, being happy and getting angry.

All feelings and emotions are always welcome and make our community stronger, bigger and every day closer.

Congrats to @Bouchaaaaard @Punch @Eliska for winning this edition, where they lost just one game in 2 days, not the decisive one tho.

The full podium:
:1st_place_medal: Eiffel 65 — @Bouchaaaaard (Lyon), @Eliska (Prague), @Punch (Vicenza)
:2nd_place_medal: Vinci Milano — @Danana (Paris), Romina, Loker (Rosario, Argentina)
:3rd_place_medal:Tranquillo — @Pyetro (Milano), @dodi (Munich), @Lisa (Berlin/Kyiv)

Best Spirit:
:medal_military: Loker (Rosario, Argentina)

Most Improved:
:dizzy: @rita.bpb (Bern)

Best Mask:
:jack_o_lantern: Adventure Time — Top Grazie: @Tommi_da (Milano), Juba (Conegliano), @Lishka (Berlin)

Thanks to @paololutri for the always on point trophies!

See you all soon,
Milano Bike Polo loves you!

@michelapedranti-Mixed_or_Treat_2023-7

6 Likes

Courtesy of our great Media Team, you can find all the tournament pictures at the following link: Dropbox - 20231029 Mixed or Treat 2023 (MIlano) - Simplify your life

Pictures are subdivided in folders by author Instagram name, please mention them and @milanobikepolo in case of use!

Grazie to: @Mariano, @andreaconsonni e @micmic

3 Likes