Public discussion about Swiss Comittee and Rep list (2021 and beyond?)

following up this post:
https://poloverse.net/t/launch-meta-discussion/92/29?u=quentinbailat

Quick recap of the proposal from may 2019:

Committee composition:

since we don’t have thousand cites neither clubs in Switzerland we could admit that every club/city would have a rep into the swiss committee. For exemple the president of the club or an elected rep. by the club

We could specify that an parity male/female/non-binary must be observed and other admission factors (maybe a club of one player could not be eligible…)

Then, when a subject is submitted to the swiss community the committee discuss with their respective club/city and then vote on the subject (absolute majority?).

The committee will have annual tasks like setting up the Swiss champ and selection champ (if they became separate) and also have a say on the format and the team and players admission.

Also and very importantly the committee will elect a swiss Rep. that will be the voice for the euro and nah committee when needed.

Bringing this subject in 2019 (…) could make some other euro committees laugh but any insight from experienced euro/other continent committee member that are present in this group could be helpful.

The list so far:

GVP: David
Bex: Don Vincenzo El Caballo / Joe (to be confirmed)
Zurich: Miguel Vilachá (to be confirmed)
Basel: Lukas Keller
St Gallen: Bass Ill
Bern: Emmet Ward

The first job will be to communicate Swiss Champs 2021 informations and potential questions/vote about it (i.e. format of the champs).

About Zurich rep: I’m not sure i the Swiss Champs 2021 topic can wait 2-3 weeks to have a offical ZH 2021 rep but it’s just a detail, we just need to be sure that the information and potential votes will be is transmitted. I guess the Swiis Bike polo group on Facebook will still do the job for this year.

what do you need to know for the swiss champs? zürich is pro double elim :slight_smile:

Well, don’t know really yeat but question like: 3 or 4 players, mixed, number of teams, etc

Nothing too bad but the my first idea about a swiss committee is to have kind of a democratic way decision making about this kind of things (that was historically a lot of discussion/negotiation after the tournament was announced).

Yeah that would be great, im sure we will find someone. Maybe just ask me if theres a question about the swiss champs where there isnt a consens and ill ask the group…its very difficult to discuss things with zbp :slight_smile:
I think we prefer regular 3v3 but don’t care so much…we’d mostly just like to know the date and hope for a sweet party :wink:
Thats basically what we want

1 Like

oh yeah same here, i’m waiting a date confirmation from Bex but it’s very likely to bet at “Tour de Peilz” the weekend of the 31.07.

that’s great to know, thanks! just because I was wondering: why not the countryside court?

The deal to (hopefully) simplify things was: Bex in charge of the court, GVP in charge of format/communication etc.
Countryside court is an option too but Tour de Peilz is better in term of shadows (trees fuck yeah) and proximity of the lake <3

Sounds good. Little concerned that 31.07 might be a little short notice for a lot of folks…

1 Like

I also think the 30/7 is a short call

This weekend is not on the table anymore, more like end of August or later, will announce it later this week hopefully.

1 Like

Sounds good to me. Thanks

@coolquentin any updates on a date? otherwise gonna have a similar problem of people not having time to plan x

@BigTableManners

SHBPC 2021

date: 2-3.10.21

We tried with Bex to host it on few different courts but due to some Roller Hockey season delayed cause of youknowwhat-19 it was impossible.
Aire La Ville (countryside court in Geneva) is free at these dates, more informations later.

1 Like

Hello, Django is asking me the “official” swiss rep.

i need confirmation for Bex and Zurich:

1 Like

Hi guys, I’m Kate, newbie from Bex bike polo, following discussions with our pres, Joe, I’ll be “representing” Bex here for language reasons :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ok super ! nice to meet you Kate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Message to all the Swiss rep:
@Migcha @BigTableManners @kate.valk @davidv @kluk @Basil-St.Gallen
(is this list good ?)
You’ll ask your club their preference about the format, here’s the options we are discussing right now in GVP

1. 3v3 : * *
  2. 4v4
  3. "46" squad (4 to 6 players like in the Countryside 2016)

Please answer to this post with your club choice.
If a choice is tie we will do a final round of vote or…the club organizer will have the final word.

VOTES:

Bex: 3v3
Zurich: 3v3
Bern: 3v3
Basel: 3v3

Hi :slight_smile: , Bex votes 3 vs 3

1 Like

Zurich 3vs3

1 Like

Basel 3 vs 3

1 Like