Requests

we kinda decided against having the calendar being displayed on the tournament category. it seems possible but doesn’t look slick. the existing one is linked in the upcoming events topic though
anyone who wants to work on improving the embedded calendar is welcome to join the efforts :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok nice , i will look into the embeded calendar

i have a request/ note i made to andrew already : the discussion > equipment section should merged with the marketplace > equipment one imo, because we essentially talk mallet , polo brands etc

1 Like

can you explain a bit more, why you think they should be merged?
for me, talking about how to build a mallet or a face-cage helmet is a different subject than buying one. but please change my mind :slight_smile:

for me its the same. for exemple right now there is a post in discussion listing all polo brands with their website link. i think this post would make as much sense in the marketplace.

if i want to retrieve this post i will always wonder “was it in the discussion or the marketplace one?”

i think it s a bit of a double to have both and i dont think “discussing” equipment in the marketplace is too out of place, it will eventually happen anyway .

imo its more convenient to have all equipment talk in one place.

1 Like

just testing

1 Like

this embeded google calendar

It would be insanely awesome to have a registration deadline field when creating events, and it could then appear in the calendar or something. It would be very cool to see all this in the same page instead of clicking through all the events to figure it out.

Usually people post a tournament with registration “coming soon”, and when the post is edited and updated with link and deadline there is no notification (or at least I don’t get a notification, and honestly I don’t want to get a notification anytime anything is edited).

This would make my vacation planning easier and it would take a load out of my mind (keeping track of all the tournaments I want to go to).

2 Likes

Cool feature indeed!
In the meanwhile we could extend the tournament thread ( 2024 European Tournament Calendar ) to include registration deadlines as well.

1 Like

Like an extra column called “deadline”?

3 Likes

Or something like “registration”, and options “coming soon”, “open until <dd.mm>”, “closed”

1 Like

For an event to show up in the upcoming events calendar (is anyone using that?) you have ti create a topic with an event mask in it (like you do for a tournament). And the upcoming events calendar is a plugin which allows almost no tuning on our end… so I dont think this is where we should add this feature.

But an extra column in the calendar wiki wounds great! Good idea and easy to implement! If it is not done by someone else by then, I’ll try to get around when I have some computer time this week.