Show me your face cage builds!

What’s up! Due to stuff I’ve seen in Hamburg, I would like to finally attach the hockey face cage I have lying around to my bike helmet. How do y’all safe and smart people did it? Post some photos and suggestions here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HI Emilio,

I bought that one on ebay that fits well on road helmets with 2 zipties

1 Like

I dont have a picture atm, but I used my old facecage from my former BAUER Helmet. I also used zipties for connection and a shoelace to hold the lower side in place. The facecage itself I cut, so I could see better. I will attach a picture next time I am at the court.

i always like to point out that hockey helmet have this piece screwed in around the temple to support the face cage. if this piece is not on your helmet then your chin will be the support / impact absorber.

small impact might be ok but faceplanting might not be

3 Likes

@momo how they handle this?

:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

handle what? I think the comment you (@judydamage ) are referring to got deleted…

and to what @OGxBENJI says, yes, this is a problem! even if you ere to attach that piece to a bike helmet, the way the helmet is attached to your head is different and not made for this kind of impact. But I’d rather have my chin absorb a small hit (like from a ball) than my eye or my lips. And even if it’s a big hit (like smashing my face to the ground), I can’t see how no face-cage would be better.

And @emilio , here’s how I attached it. Pretty happy with it (also a Bauer face-cage), but I was even happier with the old helmet. So if it does not work out, try using a different helmet, too!

photo1634991316
photo1634991315

edit: finally it worked with uploading the fotos

2 Likes

no face cage ? im all for face cage. i just dont trust these half build.

also you cant screw your bike helmet because it will alter the physics of it ive heard ? so you stuck with plastic zipties so better use thick ones.

imo hockey or hurling helmets are safer but hey its just my opinion!

also cutting horizontal wires gives better vision rather than cutting a “window” in front of your eyes and leaving them. cuz you move your head naturally from left to righ lt all the time rather than up and down.

2 Likes

I also cut the horizontal bars out cause the align on both eyes, the vertical ones don’t, so one eye always can look past it.

3 Likes

Here is mine
fc - 1
fc - 2
fc - 3
fc - 4

2 Likes

Thats the shoelace thing I meant :blush:

1 Like

Finally got around to it. Beer-compatible. Thanks for the tips!

IMG_1627

IMG_1626

IMG_1592

IMG_1622

Thanks all for the input!

5 Likes

love it mate.

is it also compatible with a Sterni?

2 Likes

instead of zipties i used velcro - works well - cheers

2 Likes

R Lab ( on insta ,bouchard brother) started printing pices to adapt the face cage to you helmet without piercing it , looks good !

1 Like

PXL_20231002_183231496
PXL_20231002_183245996.MP

1 Like