I really LOVE my DIY rotor guard made from an old tupperware lid. Mine is made of that really oldschool mega-toxic super-tough first-gen tupperware plastic that smells like a baby-doll from the 90’s and never goes stale. You know what I mean?
IN MY OPINION…
- It costs almost nothing.
- It doesn’t get tangled with other bikes because it’s bendy. Less footdowns, less ware on your brake-mount. (e.g. I have shattered rigid plastic guards because a player reverse t-boned my front wheel and hooked my guard.)
- It does a reasonably good job of protecting other players from your rotor. (I’m interested in debating this…)
- It ain’t pretty
- It doesn’t protect your rotor as well as a rigid guard.
- It takes some savey to find the right plastic.(try the thrift stores)
- Installation requires some original thinking.
- Did I mention it’s real ugly?