Stubborn Head Discussion [MOVED]

i believe these heads have the biggest outside and inside diameter in the history of bike polo.

they are really nice and i cant wait to test them properly. if successful, these oversized diameter might become the new head standard imo because having a bigger hitting surface is a big plus in fast plays and one hitters.

mallet lenght is 97cm with a 1mm wall thick milk

i got to raise the question : are they legal ?

imageimage

They r the best I ve played sf. I am not an expert but handling feels awesome

According to the rules they are too big. 58.5mm is the maximum allowed.

2 Likes

Maximum outside diameter is under 65mm, and the maximum opening (and the bottom of the tapered part) seems to be under 58mm.
That follow the rules, IMHO

1 Like

I would say they are ok as @Nipon highlighted

1 Like

Déjà vu
Too bad all the leagueofbikepolo discussion on this is lost.

Agree with Django

1 Like

But then there is something wrong with the rules…

3 Likes

When you put the ball in the hole, what’s the diameter of the biggest circle the ball touches? I just measured my Perro del Mallet : 58mm.

1 Like

I have only Perro at home, but would be curious to see such measurement on the latest generation of Milk, Roger, and what else is out there!

Our current batch is at 57mm (MILK).
Should we go 62mm for the next one, the 1’000’000$ question :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I make my products according to the rules so under 58mm. (Roger & Alpha)

2 Likes

I feel that 57mm is a good size with a little skill it’s easy to scoop, just because someone crosses a line doesn’t mean everyone has too. If someone started playing with a 200mm long goalie head would we question the rules in a similar way?

2 Likes

Well that’s a good point. But I guess every subject has to be discussed separately because there’s some obvious rule-breaking that won’t be allowed and some that will be, or are already, on the edge.

1 Like

Rules should make things more fun and fair. I only worry that offense will be buffed with a bigger head, while defense suffers power creep.

By bigger head, you mean a head with bigger ans easier scoop ?

the max length is defined at 150mm

there is no limit to shaft length tho, its legal to have a 2 meter shaft and just raclet the whole crease

Yes, more balls in the air, but less ways to get at them. We should make face cages mandatory
:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve thought about making my shaft wider with plastic to make raclets more effective, the worst when you get down real nice, but the ball just bounces over. It made me think of having a special goalie mallet, that whoever is in goal takes, just leaving it on the net :wink:

2 Likes

Any updates here. I’m with Django.