Swiss Champs 2023 / Zurich

ZURICH_BIKEPOLO_SWISS CHAMPS 23_POSTER_sigg

Swiss Hardcourt Bike Polo Championships 2023

Zurich is happy to host the Swiss Champs which at the same time will be the qualifying event for the European Championships 2023 in Berlin.

When: 6th and 7th of May

Where: at our court behind Hardhof 19, 8064 Zurich

How: Squad format with teams of exactly 4 players. For details check the registration form.

First come first serve with a maximum of 16 teams.
Registration from Tuesday, April 11th until end of Monday, April 24th with the following form:

Registration Form

For questions: please contact zurichhardcourtbikepolo@gmail.com

We are looking forward to seeing you on the court!
Uploading: ZURICH_BIKEPOLO_SWISS CHAMPS 23_POSTER_sigg.jpg…

2 Likes

Need 3swiss or 2.5 ok?

1 Like

We would follow the usual format 2/3 of the team, so 3 Swiss Players.

so 2.6 is fine

4/3 x 2 is 2.6666 to be exact

I will talk to the representatives of other clubs and see what kind of agreement we reach. But in general you are from a swiss club or not. There is not in-between. Also we are playing for qualifying to Euros. So we need to follow the same rules. That means that if you play here you are not aloud to play another qualifier in a different region.
We keep you posted.
Thanks for the interest

there is no such rule afaik, each region has the power to decide how the qualifiers for its allocated spots works

The french polo association has made a cluster of rules concerning playing multiple qualifiers, yes, but they are only valid for France (unless you decide to use the same rules :wink: )

I am not aware of any official rules from any other region, they all seem fine with not having any rules, and, should it ever come to such a case, decide then what is to be done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank. As mentioned before we would review it internally. Also years prior we did 2/3 .
We have enough players on the region so we should give them a chance to participate before external players.

1 Like

I think nationality should come before club membership nothing personal

and then europeans before people who are not in posession of a european passport obviously. we should give local people priority over complete foreigners

As mentioned is not up to me and more of a decision of the active members of the community.
This kind of comments doesn’t represent what the bikepolo community has been always about.
I understand your point of view and we would take it in consideration when we talk about it on the comité.

2 Likes

By “swiss player” you mean who plays more or less in the country this season ?
And by “you” i mean, Flat and Miguel

he’s trollin

2 Likes

Hey Quentin we created a survey for the representatives to clarify the terminology of what is a"SWISS Player". Hopefully this makes things easier.

Yep, France is 3/4 for info.

Also @Migcha : these are qualy for EHBPC ?

Yes. I think this would make sense.

Vaccine card !

Swiss Hardcourt Bike Polo Championships 2023

Zurich is happy to host the Swiss Champs which at the same time will be the qualifying event for the European Championships 2023 in Berlin.

When: 6th and 7th of May

Where: at our court behind Hardhof 19, 8064 Zurich

How: Squad format with teams of exactly 4 players. For details check the registration form.

First come first serve with a maximum of 16 teams.
Registration from Tuesday, April 11th until end of Monday, April 24th with the following form:

Link to Registration Form

For questions: please contact zurichhardcourtbikepolo@gmail.com

We are looking forward to seeing you on the court!

2 Likes

Thanks.
I think 16 teams we will be okay with first come first serve but maybe since it’s qualifying it should have like slot allocation per club ?
Don’t know

We would take actions if is needed as mentioned. But In our calculations and what are we getting from the clubs we don’t think we would reach the 16 teams.