There should be a smaller second goal worth 3 points

Like really small though. Inside the normal goal

3 Likes

Naah man , 3 points for long hard shots outside the crease , 1 points for ugly looking little taps that get in by rolling slowly in :smiley:

4 Likes

So if the net is empty you should be able to score 3 easy points? Why?

1 Like

Good point. You can only get extra points if you shoot from beyond the outer crease.

Shouldn’t this discussion be in the ‘tapout’ forum?

Seriously tho why make an addition that for the most part will reward luck and will add logistical problems for clubs / organisers. Not to mention slowing the game down everytime y’all gotta pick up the mini goal.

Honestly reckon ramps on the court would be a better idea

5 Likes

at each tap out , vertical side ramps that automatically top D the ball when the ball rolls along the board. court is the shape of an 8 instead of oval

1 Like

I am intrigued
 tell me more about the ramp idea!

i ll draw it for you my love

here: you need a flat tarmac surface and the usual pallets+ boards screwed in, but instead of going for a boring square court have it shaped as an 8.

at the middle the court is 20meters wide
at the largest court is 25meters wide.
the space between the back of the goal and the board is MINIMUM 3,50 meters. this is for making plays behind the goal more fluids, allowing the attacking team to keep speed and momentum and offering a variety of passing plays.

i find the current ruleset about that back of the goal/ board space very random and is usually poorly enforced, goal depth can legally be 80cm with ± 15cm so at the moment space behind goals can vary and be as narrow as 300cm - 95cm = 2,05meters

to me bike polo 3v3 unique game mecanism revolve around the team ability to go back and forth seamlessly from a defense position to an offensive position. this court play around this concept by bottlenecking the middle and giving wider space in each half.

i would also change a few rules.

game no longer resume when the team with the ball cross the line: instead , after a goal , both team go back at their crease line ( or a bit higher , defined by a not yet existing third line l) and the ref count 10 sec from there , or a casual “ready ? ready ? game whistle”

then both teams are free to cross.

the idea with this set up is to break the monotony of “forward plays” ( a team playing defense and sending two player forward as fast as they can , with a minimum amount of passing, like 1-2 pass per play max)
and empahasizing 3 up plays, with a real challenge to move from one half to another.( it would be easier to prevent long shot and breakthrough with the bottle neck shape)

2 Likes

Yesterday I came accross this huge BMX park near Friedrichshagen, and I started having some ideas. What about a court inside a halfpipe, where the side walls are the ramps and we build some walls behind the goals?

Screenshot from 2022-03-21 13-05-36

1 Like