Awareness Team Concept

Hello people of Bike Polo

Since last Mallet Dolorosa I’ve been playing with the idea of creating an Awareness Team Concept for our sport. Supporting the diversity and inclusivity in every team, not only here in Berlin but all arround the Polo Universe.

Create awareness around hurtful language that is sadly being used till this Day, structural problems created through Patriarchy, toxic masculinity/femininity so we can create a more welcoming environment for all People in our Sport.

Some of talking points that are important to cover Gender diversity ,Neurodiversity ,Mental or physical Disabilities.

The idea is to create a Code of conduct and shared agreement where everyone can use locally for their own club, but also an awareness team for our Competitions.

All ideas are welcome. We need your help. Maybe some of you already have experience, or had the thought but never took it to the next level, this is your chance.

Sincerely Apokalypse

10 Likes

imho we should just copy bike messenger scene wherever possible. they are 15 years ahead of us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

love this!!! i was thinking about something similar since i heard of some cases recently… i have no experience on implementing this but if you need anybody to talk to pilot project or build up something proper i could imagine being part of it!

1 Like