Public discussion about Swiss Comittee and Rep list (2021 and beyond?)

Finally I think that the question about mixed swiss champs should be voted on as well.
Possible options:

• no gender regulation (as before)
  • mandatory >= 2 genders in every team
    Do you see any other options?

Swiss champ format I think 3v3 and 4v4 is enough options. Or at least I’d be very surprised if there was a 5v5 or bench majority :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Sure .

Sorry to hear this

Maybe we could just wait and reschedule in Lausanne on your court when you have the autorisation to play ?

The lack of Euros/worlds this year means there is no rush for this to happen soon and to be honest June is already a busy time of the year. Swiss champs will be the big event of the season so why not postpone to September/October instead of trying to find a plan B ?

1 Like

We have the court in La Tour de Peilz confirmed and started some small orga stuff already. If many of you think that the proposed date is too soon / in a too busy period, we can probably make it in september/ october in Lausanne instead.
However, please let us know soon to avoid useless work :innocent:
If necessary let’s vote on it! Or in any case vote if you want to accept the lausanne/bex bid for swiss champs

2 Likes

For me September or October won’t be possible. So I am really happy with the current dates.
I think if we already have a court we could go ahead and prepare other events for the other part of the year.

1 Like

Ok here’s a votes objects proposal:

1. Swiss champs 2024 organized by Lausanne + bex the 1.06 and 2.06 2024.
    a. Yes
    b. No (meaning postponing it also club who vote No should propose an alternate date and location)
    c. Blank (no opinion)

2. Swiss champs 2024 format
    a. 3v3
    b. 4v4 (3+1 we played last year)
    c. Blank (no opinion)

3. Swiss champs mixed mandatory (meaning gender diverse teams)
    a. Yes it should be mandatory
    b. No is shouldn’t be mandatory
    c. Blank (no opinion)

4. Swiss champs 2024 count as qualification for euro 2024 (if they exist one day, not euros 2025)
    a. Yes
    b. No
    c. Blank (no opinion)

Deadline: 20.04

What you think about this vote objects and deadline ?

6 Likes

Just say gender diverse teams here, easy and inclusive.

1 Like

Deadline 20.4 is good for Zurich.
I already open the discussion on the club
Thanks again Quentin :slightly_smiling_face:

Is there any point discussing qualification spots for a potential euros - I know the chances of one this year are looking very slim :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Good optimistic point.

1 Like

I’ve added Emmet inquiry about Swiss champ being also selections for ehbpc 2024 (if they exist one day, in 2024).

This.

1 Like

Added « blank / no opinion » option

super thanks

Corrected a typo here :

b. No (meaning postponing it also club who vote No should propose an alternate date and location)

I know the vote is ongoing but this question was rised by GVP members :

Do we have a vision about the flinta representation in Switzerland ?
If mandatory mixed is accepted by the majority of clubs : is there’s enough flinta in CH for like 16-20 teams ?

Lausanne: 2 Flinta who probably want to play swiss champs as one team, i guess.
Bern: probably about 4-5 Flinta who form maybe 2-3 teams (or Emmet what would you say?)

However at last years swiss champs there were only 12 teams, no?

Finally i’ve heard another suggestion, which might influence the voting:
If swiss champs are not mandatory mixed, we could implement the following format for Euro qualifiers (being it swiss champs or not):

• first 2 teams are qualified
  • from the 3rd place on, the first 2 Mixed teams are qualified

Or a similar balance if we have more or less than 4 slots.
This might motivate intermediate-strong teams to play mixed, as you might also qualify if you end up 5th or 6th. Moreover, if winners and second are mixed, we might even have 3 or 4 mixed teams going to euros.

I hope you get the idea (it wasn’t mine but i like it). Even if I’m too late, would you want to add it to the current vote, as it will maybe influence team formation?

1 Like

yes you’re right i mixed (no pun intended) the fact that we played already 4v4 last season so we had less teams, not 16-18 “as usual”.

Geneva is 4 flinta.

I don’t really see how to add it as a vote, i don’t really get the idea because if you don’t have time to find a flinta AND also kind of average Team it will make it you almost impossible to get in the top 4-5 ?

It’s delicate seriously.

Maybe it should be set as a euro level, like EHBA set that there’s X slot for mixed team per country ?

A lot of question marks sorry.