Swiss Champs 2024

Just a suggestion: would it be possible (and appreciated) for the flintas to play a flinta final before or after the mixed final.
Some kind of the following: the flinta Players of the best two ranked Teams choose co-players to fill up a 3 / 4 player team.
Would allow to play Flintas with and against flintas and to see how it is.
One argument for Mixed mandatory was no euros - so lets test so new stuff.
So - why not test something else…

1 Like

Hi Lukas! This could be an interesting idea.
It will probably depend on two practical things:

• There needs to be enough time left to do this Flinta final
  • The concerned “team captains” need to want this to happen. I could also imagine that they are too tired and want to save their energy for the general final.

I’d suggest that we keep the idea in mind and that Flinta players can vote on it this weekend. Would this be ok for you?

1 Like

Alright then. But from all the feedback that I had, some things already seem to be decided to me:

• Two groups
  • Group rounds will be split up into two phases (first seeded manually, then new Top / Bottom groups)
  • Everyone should play in the single elimination
  • The elimination should be split up into two levels

For me it is just the question about the game duration now, which decides the number of rounds. I see these two possible options:

• 18min games // 3 Rounds in first groups → 2 more rounds in Top8 / Bottom 6 groups → Single elimination Top6 / Bottom8
  • 16min games // 4 Rounds in first groups → 2 more rounds in Top8 / Bottom 6 groups → Single elimination Top6 / Bottom8

0 voters

I hope this reflects what we’ve discussed so far. Feel free to answer to the poll, or to add any better propositions.

2 Likes

it would be nice, but as Mario says, TIME available is the main limit. and if once it could be doable, then i d say certainly AFTER the main final, cause the main final is the main point of the event. thx for giving your time to think about these possibilities!

as i see it, i d say more games before elimination is more interesting as there s an opportunity to meet 1 more team. in terms of difference of time play: in 16 min games in average its 12 min / player vs in 18min games its 13,5 min. not a big loss imo.
also, unless big mecanical or bad luck people usually do not make more that 3 changes with a team of 4.

1 Like

If it’s something a majority of the concerned player wants and if we have time why not but I’d say after the main event.
Worst case there’s the Hell’s Belles in Bern in like one month.

@Lara @Romain Remy joue ou pas ? Qui le remplace ?

Important update:
We already plan saturday’s morning/afternoon groups so that players can plan their travels

MORNING GROUP
The little nervous ones | Vincent (Bex), Charles (Genève), Oscar (Bex), Michèle (Bex)
Basel | Yvonne (Basel), Dani (Basel), Lukas (Basel), Pyetro (Milano)
Pololove | Chris (St.Gallen), Andi (St.Gallen), Adrian (St.Gallen), TBA
EPIC | Elena (Genève), Manuel (Genève), Mateen (Vienna), Tomas (Genève)
The Mallettiers | Christoph (St.Gallen), Janis (St.Gallen), Matteo (St.Gallen), Stella (St.Gallen)
Push the Tempo | Migui (Zürich), Greg (Zürich), Mishu (Zürich), Omaira (Vienna)

AFTERNOON GROUP
With Pleasure | Edouard (Bex), Ali (Bex), Nath (Genève), Joe (Bex)
Shiny rookies 2.0 | Luca (Lausanne), Leonie (Bern), Quassim (Bern), Louis/Gigi (Lausanne)
Poloschnäggli | Andri (Züri), Alix (Züri), Jovi (Vienna), Mario (Bern/Lausanne)
Rooking-Chair | Ella (Lausanne), Maeva (Lausanne), Martin (Lausanne), Théo (Lausanne)
Bella ! | Jojo (Genève), Clément (Genève), Quentin (Genève), Woods (Genève)
Hunterz | Romain (Bern), Lara (Genève), Joker (TBA), Chrigu (Bern)
Ever | Clara (Bern), August (Gaimersheim), Reto (Bern), Michu (Bern)
Streichquartett | Salomé (Zürich), Zita (Zürich), Clément (Bern), Äri (Vienna)

Morning group: Please be at the court at latest at 8:15
Afternoon group: Please be at the court at latest at 12:30

Looking so much forward to this weekend!

4 Likes

FYI in Basel team, I am subbing Micha :innocent:

5 Likes

Message from @metriod on Telegram

1 Like

@Basil-St.Gallen can you give this information around StGallen club ?

1 Like

jes right. one flinta needed in team pololove. very velovecome…

Have Pololove found a flinta ?

Will there be somebody at the court today? :)

1 Like

as far as i know not ( today 13h). you have someone in mind?

nope just curious

Pyetro at 8 pm, maybe St.Gallen people too. Basel will reach late, some Zurich people will also arrive around 8 i guess

1 Like

What about Dev? Is she not coming?

she’s not :,(

Pololove from St. Gallen is still looking for a flinta person. But we are already around today. Till now, no plans exept eating und sleeping.

1 Like