Welcome to the Poloverse

Welcome to the Poloverse!

The première bike polo forum. Be nice.

This is still very much a work in progress, so please leave us your constructive feedback, your requests and questions here. Thanks!
Learn how to bset use it here

New to Bike Polo?

Check out our Rookie Corner for further infos and links! And don’t hesitate to ask questions, we’re always excited when new people find their way to us.

Some infos about Discourse

Questions

Discourse is a fairly popular platform and many of the answers to questions you might have are probably out there, try googling it, check meta.discourse.org or ask us here.

Mobile

Discourse looks really great in a mobile browser and that’s how we recommend using it. You can set (personalized) browser notifications following these instructions. But there are also official iOS and Android apps, if that’s your thing. Here’s the links for Android and iOX.

Tournament Calendar

There is a calendar with all upcoming tournaments in the category Tournies. Each tournament has an associated event post (where you can rsvp) and a unique tag. You can find the calendar in the hamburger menu ( ☰ ) or by clicking here.

Direct Messages

On the top right you find your profile picture, click on it an then click the little envelope ( :email: ) (you might have to click twice), or you can click here. This will open a message menu or page where you can access direct messages. You can also create group-chats there.

Tags

Tags is the best way to find content and to help people find stuff too. Use them liberally.

Help

If something is not working, or you have a feature request, post in the Site Feedback category.

Themes

In the hamburger menu ( ☰ ), you can toggle dark and light mode once you selected your colour scheme under user > preferences > interface.

Clubs

On the forum, clubs are represented as so called user groups. You find a list of the groups in the hamburger menu ( ☰ ) or here.
If your club does not exist yet or you want to set up a subforum for your club (or your orga group or what ever secret topics you want to hide from the polo public), talk to an admin.

You can set up your profile via the menu at the top right of the page. Add a picture, location, some words about yourself, favourite bird species etc.

Admins

There’s a few things that require an admin to take care of. There is a list of admins you can find via groups in the hamburger menu ( ☰ ). Either direct message them, or tag them in a post.

2 Likes

Servus!

@andy_h shouldn’t this be a banner again? Or is it still? don’t get it…could be kinda confusing if it’s just floating around in the ‘discussion’ category

Yes, I made a mistake. It’s now fixed

Hello

Having trouble posting tournament details.
Can anyone assist?
I sent a message but no reply

Hi johnny :) you sent a message where/ to who?
Top of this topic there is a link to ‚site feedback‘. More people would see it there than here. So maybe copy paste what exactly is the issue and maybe i will also find the time to help.
Hope it goes well. All the best
Remy

1 Like

I sent it to yourself, but i guess you never received it.
Here are the details, hopefully you can help

Name: Dublin Open 3 Dates: start=“2024-06-22” end=“2024-06-23”
Location: Dublin, Five Lamps, Aldborough place Format: Swiss rounds, double elimination Description: 14 Slots, 3 reserved for Dublin teams Half the slots prioritised FLINTA for reservation. Registration coming soon
Sign-Up: send an email to dublinbikepolo@gmail.com from March 23rd until March 30th

The simplest solution is if you post the info as a reply to the topic of the tournament (Dublin Open 2)
Another good way is to get the person who created the event (@Kropa) to add the details to the first post. (Us admins can do that as well, but that feels a bit intrusive to me :) )

And yeah, pls use the feedback section for such requests

polove :heart:

1 Like

Posted the details in last year’s event.
Thanks

Updated tournament calendar with link to the comment, if you manage to create a new event you can update the link

https://poloverse.net/t/2024-european-tournament-calendar

1 Like