WHBPC 2023 / WORLD HARDCOURT BIKE POLO CHAMPIONSHIP 2023

Will update this post when @diMeh from Perpignan update their FB/IG acount.

So far :

(source : WHBPC 2023 // WORLD HARDCOURT BIKE POLO CHAMPIONSHIP 2023 )

Fresh news for Wildcard participants!

As a reminder, the Wildcard will take place on Wednesday August 23 : 20 teams of 4 players will compete on 4 courts for 7 slots for the Main Tournament.

The format will be a Swiss round (minimum 6 matches) with, if necessary, one or more play-off matches in the case of a tie.

Accommodation informations

We know that traveling in August in the South of France can be financially complicated.

We are therefore trying to find you already cheaper solutions so that you can organize yourself.

1) Single room at the University of Perpignan at €19 per night (the request will be possible when registering for the tournaments – the form will be put online soon). The University is right next to the courts.

2) BIKEPOLO is a promotional code for apartments (located opposite the train station – 14 min by bike to the courts) for 2, 4 or 6 people: https://urlz.fr/kVWS - This promotional code offers you a 10% discount on all stays booked at the Appart’City Perpignan Center Gare *** from August 22 to 28, 2023 (active within 48 hours).

3) Discount on tent pitches at the Villeneuve de la Raho lake campsite (neighboring town of Perpignan - 18 min by bike to the polo grounds). Simply say that you are participating in the tournaments in your email to get the discount: https://www.villeneuvedelaraho.fr/le-village/camping/

Hi everyone, we are happy to announce the distribution of slots for the WHBPC 2023 next August.

Main tournament: 40 teams will compete from Thursday August 24th to Saturday August 26th, the distribution is as follows:

- Europe: 11 teams

- North America: 10 teams

- South America: 5 teams

- Oceania: 3 teams

- Asia: 1 team

- Africa: 1 team

- Perpignan Bike Polo: 1 team

- Reigning World Champion: Mongrels

- Wildcard: 7 teams

Wildcard: 20 teams will compete on Wednesday August 23, the distribution is as follows:

- Europe: 4 teams

- North America: 3 teams

- South America: 2 teams

- Oceania: 1 team

- Africa: 1 team

- Free registration (selected by draw): 9 teams

See you in 206 days!

6 Likes

So we’ve had dates for 6 months, yet no information about the specific venue, format, etc. What’s going on?

1 Like

im not in the orga but i think:

format is as usual , 4 players team, most likely 18min games. wildcard format was comunicated , the main should be swiss rounds + double or single elim i guess.

the venue is the “parc des sports” of perpignan , its a big sport complex you can find on google

not sure if the perpi team look up the poloverse often , get in touch with them thru insta

1 Like

Was posted two days ago.

“French time” means : UTC+01:00

1 Like

What does this mean? Is this for the wildcard? Do I have to register if I think I might qualify from the euros?

Euro teams that’ll play EHBC will go through another registration process. This does not apply to EHBC participants, including those playing the EHBC wildcard.

1 Like

https://challonge.com/Euros23/standings

2 Likes

Sorry, not clear from (posted July 3rd on FB)

but is it still possible to register for a “free” wildcard slot for a european team?

Same question here!!!

As time is running out, I would just register to be on the safe side…

1 Like

Hast du Max schon geantwortet???

yes guys you can still fill the form and register , if i understood well. the loterry is on wednsdzy !

1 Like

Is anyone looking for a sub/to put together a wild card team for Worlds? I’m going to be in the area!

If someone needs a free agent for their team, I offer myself :slight_smile:

Anyone looking for a sub, I can vouch for Romain from Biel / Bern. Absolute beast of a player, it is a crying shame he ain’t playing worlds.

4 Likes

Yo, il y a encore des places d’étudiants dispo ? Si oui je m’adresse à qui ? Cimer

Which ruleset will be used? The new EHB(P)A one?

I think Perpignan is not really checking Poloverse, you should contact them on Facebook or Instagram…

1 Like

Is there really any other ruleset?

3 Likes