Worldwide?

Hey- this is great! I know a lot of us miss th LOBP site & it’s nice to see a non FB polo specific forum-
DaveO
LRBP

Hey,
I am quite sure that the idea of this is to be a worldwide platform and not only european.

@momo @flat_humour can confirm?
If true can you please correct the about section of the site to represent that?
https://poloverse.net/about

Someone recently shared poloverse on a NA facebook group and it says “Bikepolo Forum Europe” in the preview.
Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 14.07.17

the plan was to start in Europe and once we’re established to think about a strategy for a global solution. but the admin team as well as the userbase have been struggling with the pandemic, so the timeline was not very smooth haha

but if you have great ideas on how to move forward and wo*manpower behind you we’re excited to go intercontinental for sure!

grafik

…and beyond

3 Likes

So…. Is it time for this site to expand worldwide? Can we start adding North American clubs and content?

1 Like

I wouldnt mind, what do yall think @andy_h @momo @Pyetro i mean we wont do anything to prevent it out of lazyness anyway right?
Id just like the tourney calendars to be seperate thingies

2 Likes

As @momo stated initially, it would be great to merge all the worldwide communities in one place, indeed it will require a bit more effort, but we can join forces and take advantage of many other minds and knowledge to fulfil the target.

@flat_humour I agree with keeping continental separate threads for calendars, in order to reduce clutter and keep things clear. Nobody will stop one to take a look into the US or Asian calendar thread if they plan to do some tournament around!

Probably the most important thing is the development of a universal ruleset, including voting for rule modifications. Quite important for keeping this sport united worldwide, and above all to have a unique reference for the world championship… And I am quite sure that there will be some problems in finding solutions that work for everybody. Worth is trying.

2 Likes

yeah - I am very happy if we go world-wide
but this (and even keeping it european for that matter) requires some more human-power behind the scenes

a push to go global could be what we need to get this project where it could be :slight_smile:

(personally, I am finishing my PhD, so I have 0 time to put into this atm - but I am happy to sit in zoom meetings and bullshit around once a month or so :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I definitely understand this will take some time and energy for those of you who are running this site.
Universal rule set will definitely take some time and a lot of effort to establish.
For now maybe start with continental pages for clubs and events? I know a lot of players like to travel and it would be nice to have one place to find everyone and see what’s going on without scouring the internet.
The discussion and marketplace and a few others are fairly universal. Not too much to change there.
I’m just thinking we definitely need one place for the world of polo to come hang out off of Facebook and Instagram and I feel this could be the place! Thank you all for the time already put in to start this up. I’m not the most tech/internet savvy person but I’d be willing to help out with anything I can. (USA based)

2 Likes

Thanks for your support, Tom!

What would be the first step to gathering all the world communities here?
Perhaps involve who runs the club’s FB/IG pages inviting them to open a Subforum here.
Above all, those who manage the NAH website are probably the same group of person who handles the NAH Ruleset. They probably are the most tech/computer/social savvy and they may convince their audience.

3 Likes

I´ve been waiting for Poloverse to go worldwide so that I can close the rules discussion group on FB.

3 Likes

its actually more than urgent to advertise this platform as a world wide one so not only US but also latin american , asian and australian clubs follow

3 Likes

Is it possible to add pages for the US and other countries clubs and events? Its been 7 months since the last post about this and this site has not picked up at all. Id share/advertise this site more if there was a place for us!

2 Likes

Clubs are “requested” here:

Ill start asking the US clubs to fill out the form and see if we can get this going.

2 Likes

Also, our main problems are brain juice and just time. So 1) any structure of (sub)categories you want is probably fairly simple to create, just come up with a plan and im happy to do it.
And 2) if you are motivated just become an admin and you can do it yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, I´d like to close the FB Rules Discussion group in the next months and shift discussion to Poloverse.

Can the “Europe” part be removed?
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 17.15.58

5 Likes

i feel you but the fb group works better than anything else and no one will want to join the poloverse. they will just discuss it in the world polo lounge or something else imo

I think we should push every polo player to leave FB for good, at least for Bike Polo related stuff. Plenty of people doesn’t have an FB account for ethical or political reasons, while the Poloverse community is on a opensource platform (Discourse) and not related to any big tech company. I know it require a (small) extra effort, but we are also fighting human being laziness which is bringing the world to an end. :drum:

6 Likes

Or grant me (github?) access and I´ll remove it myself :slight_smile: