berlin:mixed 2022

Hey Emilio! Sorry for late response! Can you change our team name “TBD 1” (Emily Davey Matthew) to “Death Before Decaf”. Thank you very much :pray:t3:

Also do you have recommendation for where to find housing/airbnb/hotel? Would it be better to find something near the courts or a different area in Berlin?

1 Like

I’d say near the courts is a good idea since it’s a good area in general (drinks, food and more drinks for example)

1 Like

yo orga team. lets saaaaayyy some people would be motivated to cook at least one meal (and maybe fancy breakfast) for everyone. you think you could help find a suitable kitchen and equipment, cargo bike, and dishes? Just a likkle idea, does not have to be real :))

3 Likes

we will discuss this in our next orga meeting tomorrow - I’ll update you in Ingolstadt

but so far we decided against providing food: it’s 150 hungry mouths to feed, there is no infrastructure on the Tempelhofer Feld (apart from what we carry there ourselves) and there’s 1000 tasty and cheap food-options near by. so we prioritise other things over food.
but I am sure we could somehow organise a big pot if you really really wanna cook for 150 people.

2 Likes

If you can provide the means of production, i love cooking for 150 people

5 Likes

Clara from Bern (WTNB player) is still a Free Agent for Berlin Mixed - I can recommend her stronglllllyyyyyy (is that even a word? lol) Get in contact with me, she’s not on discourse yet…

mucho polo abrazos <3

2 Likes

hey Ladi, post it at its right place

Anybody know of a way to get a bike from Barcelona → Berlin? I’ll be in Barcelona with my polo bike until July 22, then have to take a couple flights before arriving at the tournament and would love not to have to drag the bike around with me. Is anyone traveling between the two that could take it? I’d pay you for your troubles! Or is there a bus/train I could send it on to someone who lives in Berlin? It’ll be packed down into a bike bag.

1 Like

try parcelforce ?

1 Like

Looks like they only do packages originating in England :\ too bad, looks like it would’ve been pretty affordable… Thanks anyways!

heyo,
just a quick post about housing : we are looking for a dormitory kinda building with @Bouchaaaaard and Manon and Rem’s
Is there anybody here insterested in sharing a dormitory with us ? or having any tips or any similar research we can share ?
that would help a lot ^^
thanks thanks !
anne lise

Maybe @django has an idea about how to help you

2 Likes

Hey, looks like nobody from Barcelona is going to Berlin. Which days will you be in BCN?

i ll forward to LPC and i think punch is looking for as well

1 Like

Hey also looking for a place / dormitory to stay :slight_smile:

1 Like

I too have still to find accommodation. I’d be in for a dorm.

1 Like

cool ! here is METROPOL HOSTEL
https://hostels.assd.com/crs4.php?goto=10&cust=410410&type=020&langcrs=E
8 beds in a dormitory
we are 4 already. @gregV + @SeveM u join us ?
i wrote to Punch
let’ssee

3 Likes

Free Agent and already going to be in Berlin for my bday on the 29th, so would love a chance to party and play together !! If anyone needs a sub, pls let me know?! :pray:

2 Likes

Hey, sorry just seeing this! Thanks so much for asking around in BCN. I’ll be there until the 23rd (posted to the FB group about getting some pickup together, looks like you responded there :+1:)

Quick heads up:

Updated team list online in the first post of this topic.
Pay attention to your mailbox if you are on top of the waiting list, changes might happen quick now.

1 Like